homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I washed the bus!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I washed the bus!
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2007 16:42      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I know, hardly "news" but I hadn't washed it in a loooong time, and it looks so happy now. [Big Grin]

Here's some pics....
a kind of before & after shot, after I'd washed half of the top...
 -

And the clean, happy bus from the front...
 -

And, a youtube video of my engine starting, being revved a tad, and then shutting off. If you look carefully you can see the end wrench used in lieu of an alternator bracket... http://snipurl.com/VW_engine

I'm a proud daddy [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2007 16:47      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sorry, double-post... nothing to see here*
Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2007 17:05      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's a beauty! Love the retro flower sticker - being old enough to remember when they were all the rage. [Happytears]

*opens iTunes, sings Magic Bus*

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted April 29, 2007 18:05      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groovy!
Is, like, great man!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2007 16:35      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice VW!

I admit when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a euphemism for "vomit." Then, I remembered that it's "ride the porcelain bus" not "wash the bus." Pardon my intrusion.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2007 10:30      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK:

Fantastic!!! Congratulations!
I wish you many many many millions of happy miles driven with it safely and reliably.
Have fun, it's a kick-ass bus!

=)
Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2007 14:19      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! [Applause] [Applause]

A nice bus... a very nice bus!

Now it's running, what's the plan for the cosmetic makeover???

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture