homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Regatta fun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Regatta fun
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 28, 2007 19:28      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today was regatta day, it was lovely, my boat finished first in our heat and made it to finals, we just barely beat CJRC (very good team) by less then a boat lenght. But we would take it. [Wink]
But after so many more races when it came to our final my boat came in sixth out sixth in our final. So, we didn't medal. But ya know what? I couldn't be more proud of my boat, yes winning is amamzing, and I won't lie, I would have loved to have come home with a big shiny medal hanging around my neck, but I know that my boat pushed it, I know that I pushed it.

So that was my day! hope you all had a wonderful one. I'm sunburned and rather sore, I also have a red nose (Damn. December is so far away). [Big Grin]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2007 04:33      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you rowing in eights? Racing is what rowing is all about - almost makes all the tedious and ridiculously early training session worthwhile (I say almost... [Razz] )
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2007 11:09      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually this year I'm in a four. [Big Grin]
I rather enjoy it. But I do miss rowing in an eight, maybe next season they'll put me in one.

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2007 20:21      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last regatta I was in was the Annual Adams House Raft Race in 1981. My roommate and I were on "The Dead Man's Float", which was a coffin on top of a bunch of pontoons. It ended the race at the bottom of the Charles, but much fun was had by all.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture