homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » It's Snowing...In April!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Snowing...In April!
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted April 07, 2007 00:38      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's snowing where I live. And not just a couple of tiny flurries, I mean it is coming down in sheets of it. Then stopping. Then starting. Then stopping.

I haven't been around lately, school, crew, life. How's everyone doing?

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 01:20      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're having some freezing rain. I hate freezing rain. I hate how I get covered in ice, I hate how my bike gets iced and then drips mud and grease when it melts, I hate how the ice-rain hits my face like pins. I hate freezing rain.

I hate ice storms even more. Let us hope the rain doesn't turn into one of those.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 02:07      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 30 degrees here in 'Nam.

[cry baby]

That's hot for a British person. [Razz]

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 04:18      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LemonSmuggler ____________________ From Lake Michigan, East. Spring gave up and went home, the Easter bunny froze, The Robins are fighting over why did we come back so early.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 06:06      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about the same here. Sometimes I think it's Mother Nature's idea of a bad joke. :-p

But I think I'll have my tires changed soon.

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 08:10      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah its snowing here a bit in Canada - kind of sucks

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 08:55      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's kinda chilly. It's 19c here in SoCal, and kinda cloudy. It blows, though it's good weather for the RenFaire!

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted April 07, 2007 09:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
16 C and cloudy here on the west coast of canada. Ground is covered in those damn daffodils! [Razz]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 09:30      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You coastal types have nothing to complain about. It's still cloudy, still freezing rain.

Why it's freezing rain and not snowing is a bit of a mystery to me as it's certainly cold enough to be snow. But it's not. It's fscking freezing rain.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 09:31      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy!! Send some of that this way, will you? It's freaking 2C here with -9C windchill!!!

ACK!

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 09:35      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh. It went from 70F the other day to the 28F (-2C for some of you [Razz] ) it is now.

Not altogether unprecedented for Chicago, but it's certainly not been this cold in April for quite a long time.

Ugh.

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 10:21      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks out window* yup, still snowing in the Mitteny state... the new puppy loves it, the rest of us, not so much...

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 11:13      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been snowing regularly in bozeman, and intermittently where I live. My hometown, however, has not seen snow for like a month.

This is a good thing; hopefully it will keep the state from going up in a puff of smoke. I don't complain.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 16:17      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lalala it is 63F/17C here in Mousetown. This is cool by comparison when it has been around 83F/28C in daytime recently. It's supposed to go back up in a few days. That's not so bad but I hate it when it starts to warm up here. The humidity goes up with the temperature. Ask me how I feel in a month when the temperatures really start climbing. I'll be hibernating in my house and only go out to forage for food. [Razz]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 16:41      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! My back hurts from planting the gardens this morning in sunny NorthWestern Montana. Tulips and daffodils take care of themselves and the smaller bushes have leaves out with the trees not far behind. Gonna have to mow again this week... [thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 17:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You northies don't know the half of it, we had snow just outside Melbourne on Xmas day.

(Note: This is the Southern Hemisphere)

Climate change?

That's all just a myth started by people who believe what they see when they look out the window.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 18:20      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy - my flowers died because of the frost [Eek!] [Eek!] [Frown]

i would kill for 16 degress

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 19:14      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
You northies don't know the half of it, we had snow just outside Melbourne on Xmas day.

(Note: This is the Southern Hemisphere)

Climate change?

That's all just a myth started by people who believe what they see when they look out the window.

I know, I almost died at work on Wednesday because it was, wait for it...raining...in Perth...it's unheard of. And guess what, it's raining today as well. Now I'll actually have to carry an umbrella with me, and hockey in the wet is so much fun.

Hopefully we actually get a proper winter for a change...

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted April 07, 2007 19:39      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Climate has been rather plain here... 23°C. If yesterday was sunny today is raining... pretty boring.
Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2007 20:57      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today: Still wet, sill cold, still snowing on and off, along with F-ing freezing rain.

I actually rowed in the snow on Friday...hmmm losing feeling in your fingers isn't at all fun.

Oh well...I slept in today! mewhaha! It was charming, something I should have done a long time ago, in fact it was so wonderful that I've decided to repeat it again tomorrow. [Wink]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
mistersaxon
Mini Geek
Member # 6816

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted April 10, 2007 14:47      Profile for mistersaxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't begin to tell you how nice it is here in the UK at the moment - up to 20C (that's 68F I think) and blue blue skies, sunshine. Wind's a bit chilly mind you but who cares? It feels like SPRING!!!

Actually it's warmer than southern Spain, according to the papers here. I have to mow the lawn and get the bike out (motor and pedal).

--------------------
Rich.

Posts: 64 | From: Thame, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2007 16:04      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
You coastal types have nothing to complain about.

We do have one thing to complain about here, which is that people are worried we might be headed for another drought here in California. No-one's panicking, as we do have a number of preparations in place, but we also don't like seeing precipitation around half the norm.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 18:27      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mistersaxon:
I can't begin to tell you how nice it is here in the UK at the moment - up to 20C (that's 68F I think) and blue blue skies, sunshine. Wind's a bit chilly mind you but who cares? It feels like SPRING!!!

Isn't that how it is most of the time? I read you have a very moderate climate without extremes. 68 degrees sounds nice. [Smile]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture