homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » April 4th, 2:00PM EDT *cancelled* *sigh* (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: April 4th, 2:00PM EDT *cancelled* *sigh*
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 14:44      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allow me a me-too here: nice to hear you're getting better. [Applause]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 16:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grummash wrote:
I suspect that I am not the only one here who is impressed by your calm and philosophical attitude to your medical circumstances. With your brave and sensible approach, you could even be British!

Oh, that's only the face you see here. Believe me, there has been angst that I won't really talk about in public. A couple of people have suffered my whining in PMs and IMs. I'm surprised they haven't disowned me as a friend [ohwell]

WinterSolstice wrote:
Wow, glad you're doing ok, but that sounds like quite the exciting procedure to look forward to. Is it painful and tedious, or just painful?

A little of each. They can't numb the inner peritoneum so the initial needle insertion is pretty painful, but it's only a moment. Then you have to lay very still for half an hour, which I'm not always good at if I'm not sleepy.

Stereo wrote:
Allow me a me-too here

I think me-toos are always acceptable in topics like this and I appreciate the thoughts (that goes for everyone).

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 19:15      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
A couple of people have suffered my whining in PMs and IMs. I'm surprised they haven't disowned me as a friend [ohwell]

Isn't it the best proof that they are true friends? Wouldn't you do the same for them? Cherish those friendships, as this is the best thing that can happen in life. (Apart from true love, I heard, but that I can't vouch for - yet. [Wink] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 19:38      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
A couple of people have suffered my whining in PMs and IMs. I'm surprised they haven't disowned me as a friend [ohwell]

Isn't it the best proof that they are true friends? Wouldn't you do the same for them? Cherish those friendships, as this is the best thing that can happen in life. (Apart from true love, I heard, but that I can't vouch for - yet. [Wink] )
I completely agree with this. There are a lot of people here who would be happy to lift what worries we can bear for you, Steen. While we can't carry your ailment, we can hope (and/or pray) that the treatment is successful. There are ears for you to listen and hearts which want the most favorable outcome.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 20:03      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me gives you a hug and insists that you get better

Get better!!

Please? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 20:44      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they could fix you properly post haste, Steen, but sometimes baling twine and duct tape are the best short term solution. I'm glad you're able to at least get back to a semblance of normalcy now. Here's to your continued improving health.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2007 04:06      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding another voice to the chorus of well-wishers... I'm so so glad you're doing better, Steen [Smile]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2007 19:09      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Steen. It is good to learn you have returned from the brink of another surgery. [Big Grin] May you continue to mend and have your health restored completely!
 -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2007 18:57      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen - I'll post for myself - but also for some of the other mostly lurkers out there - we're think of you and praying for you to get better.
Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2007 20:12      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little late but....

This is a me-too Steen, hope you will get better. [Smile]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture