homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » In Which School Actually Kicks My Butt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In Which School Actually Kicks My Butt
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 26, 2007 01:48      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been that kid. You know, the kid who actually enjoyed her home work? Who did a little extra on her assignments even though it wasn't required? Yup. I'm that girl.

But about two weeks ago I was working upon another assignment and accidentally wrote over a journal for my U.S. Government class that was to be an eight weeks worth collection of essay's, answers to questions, and so on. The whole thing was gone! Gone before my very eyes! Five weeks worth of work totally completely gone! Poof! No more. Nada. I cried. I actually cried.

It's week eight, my journal is due today, and I've been up all night rewriting the whole thing. The whole damn thing.

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2007 02:55      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonSmuggler:
I've always been that kid. You know, the kid who actually enjoyed her home work? Who did a little extra on her assignments even though it wasn't required? Yup. I'm that girl.

But about two weeks ago I was working upon another assignment and accidentally wrote over a journal for my U.S. Government class that was to be an eight weeks worth collection of essay's, answers to questions, and so on. The whole thing was gone! Gone before my very eyes! Five weeks worth of work totally completely gone! Poof! No more. Nada. I cried. I actually cried.

It's week eight, my journal is due today, and I've been up all night rewriting the whole thing. The whole damn thing.

Oh my gosh! [Eek!]
The same exact thing happened to that other crew girl!
I think you two would have really hit it off.

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2007 03:29      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Way. I though I'd gone mental when it happened. Thank God I'm not the only one. That makes me feel better.

There must be a lot of rowers here then hu? People keep mentioning it to me, which I don't mind, I love it, but I'm only in my third season of it. [Smile]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2007 03:49      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that teaches one to procrastinate because either way you have to stay up the night before somethings due wrecklessly trying to finnish. Personally, I think my procrastination taught me to work well under a dealine. Now, at work, in the real world, I can kick @$$ compared to those students who did thier homework before they went out to play. They spend thier time whining they don't have enough time and I get things done.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture