homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » BLAH

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BLAH
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted February 24, 2007 11:33      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so my life is busy... but I get to do fun stuff.

Thursday night was a dream com true:
http://picasaweb.google.com/fallen2stealth/TheDifferenceInBlue

I got to play with the fun toys...
I did this volunteer at school from 6-8pm and it was a blast... The head librarian arranged everything but she wanted a student to operate the equipment this time, not her. She was amazed with how it turned out I no one realized that I had never done this type of work before... it was Awesome

and for those who were expecting something else in the pictures... I am not that lucky, I only wish I was.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2007 12:27      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good Stealth,

Boy do those pictures take me back! I hope you had a lot of fun.

Have you yet learned how to say, "Perfect! Can we do it one more time, just that way?"

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2007 12:37      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mixers are so tiny nowadays! Did you get to edit the tracks as well?

Glad you had a lot of fun. [Applause]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 24, 2007 13:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome. [Applause]

That takes me back too... I was a sound studio technician back in art school. [thumbsup]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2007 16:54      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah - same here. Those are awesome. I've been on both sides - I did concert sound as a tech, as well as recording with a band and playing live.

I love how computers are actually involved now, rather than being a cute "add-on".

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 26, 2007 15:49      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually... I manage to find a way to get the band to ask if they can retake the section... (gotta amplify just the right part. The fun part is: the head librarian is wanting to set me up with my own studio so we can get a real sound lab going (My name tag for the window is going to be in D`ni, Ancient, and english... (just cause I can).

The school may be providing me with my own computer to run Audacity on so I can do mastering. I can do minor editing on the mixer (more if I upgrade to the Roland: The big gray one one that was in the pictures but I wasn't using) my little mixer is a Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro, and I am using a BOSS BR-900CD recording mixer.

When all is said and done I will have everything put into audacity to do editing and will have to send pictures of the current/upcoming studio spaces. more stories after I get this thursdays session finised (we are dubbing vocals for their cover of RHCP's "Under the Bridge" as well as acouple of new tracks) after that I will really start to have fun.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 26, 2007 15:58      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice way to brag

I wish my school had money to spend on me. But why do you need a seperate computer to run Audacity? From the free trial I used awhile back it isn't a very computer intesive program and garage band looks a lot better.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2007 17:22      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
nice way to brag

I wish my school had money to spend on me. But why do you need a seperate computer to run Audacity? From the free trial I used awhile back it isn't a very computer intesive program and garage band looks a lot better.

I haven't used Audacity, but I've used garage band to a limited extent. I can see how a sound editing program would require a beefier computer; I have a fairly decent iMac, and garageband uses most of my system resources and I do nothing but play with synthesized tracks.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2007 08:31      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garageband is a serious pig for RAM.

Soundtrack is better, but does slightly different things.

Audacity (IMHO) is just a toy...but at least it's a small one [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2007 15:38      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should check out the thread WinterSolstice posted in mid-month: Music Software . We were talking about all the tech stuff that goes into music recording/editing nowadays.

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture