homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Gaaahhhhh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gaaahhhhh
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted January 21, 2007 21:47      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY did I take this job?????????
I don't think I've slept or eaten in 2 weeks.
Where can I run where no one will find me?
This SUCKS.

Thanks for listening.

Posts: 490 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2007 21:56            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recall, you have a good figure so you can't even claim the lack of eating is good for you ;)
IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 21, 2007 21:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head north, up the coast. Cross the border into Canada. Take a ferry to Vancouver Island. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2007 22:04      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess take Snaggy's advice, which i second. We will provide you a safe haven. Lots of wine and sleep, and of course the wonderful Island view.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2007 22:27      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
Jess take Snaggy's advice, which i second. We will provide you a safe haven. Lots of wine and sleep, and of course the wonderful Island view.

Except for an Ikea, the island has pretty much everything you will ever need. Which is why no one leaves this vortex... er, island.

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 00:26      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the Canucks want you Jess. Can you evade the pull from BC?
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 07:59      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roll on down to the IE, Jess. Nobody wants us out here. [Razz]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 22, 2007 08:02      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessy, aren't you still on the East Coast? Then Montreal is closer. There's plenty shows to help with if you need a job, and the life's not quite as hectic. (I hear Toronto is crazy too, and just not as nice.) Well, you may have to learn French, but until you're fluent enough, just about everyone speaks English anyway.

Ok, more seriously, have you ever heard about delegating? Just pick someone and tell them "I know I can count on you about that." As a chief, you're not supposed to take care about every little stuff, only the big things. (And if you can't do that, I hope the pay is good enough to allow you a few weeks of vacation between two stints.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 09:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stereo: She's building up a new show out in Cali. Methinks there probably aren't enough people, and maybe some are unhelpful.

Recently, I'm starting to delegate more, and it's nice to be rid of certain tasks. The only problem is, there are many times I wish I could just say "take this data and look for this, grepping for such and such." Alas, there's little point, as anyone else would probably take the hard way, not having *nix chops. *sigh*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 10:14      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
California has a multitude of farm towns no one could find unless they needed to be there for one reason or another. Many roll up the sidewalks by around 8pm, if not earlier, so there's certainly no pressure to stay up late. [Wink]

Of course, if you actually want someplace nice, there are number of spots in the Sierra Nevadas conveniently out of range of any cellphone towers.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 11:11      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delegate? Whazzat? [Eek!]

Remember to breathe. Look for cheap college interns to hire and abuse!

And yes, Montreal is nice.. when it's not -30C (right, Stereo?). Plus, I just got a Sumo Omni! Instant crash pad! [Big Grin]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 11:40      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might be able to squeeze you in with my mom in Scotland, failing that there's always Frankfurt... direct flights from SFO!!
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 12:25      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you do windows?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2007 15:05      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I did not live so far away, I would love to take Jessycat out, and get steaming, hog whimpering drunk with her, which is clearly what is required.

Surely some of you fine GC members, who live nearer, are up to this onerous but noble task.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture