homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Working at Cisco

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Working at Cisco
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 19:31      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I dont think I dont anyone on here, but this past monday I started working at Cisco (aka Cisco Systems). Im taking a semester off and Cooping with them in their CALO division here in Raleigh (or technically RTP). Calo is Customer Advocacy Lab Operations, which means we are responsible for all the recreation test labs that Cisco runs. Mostly, my job is to set up hardware and networks so that the engineers can run test cases on recreations of different corperate networks all across the world. So if any of you have a network that has mostly Cisco parts, and it has a problem, chances are, I have a hand in fixing it.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 22:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
en
conf t
grammar mode on
exit
wr m

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 22:52            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mr Data, please can you get that Universal Translator fixed!"
IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 08:00      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very losely related (but justifying me going to GC on my work time! [crazy] ):

Could I ask you a favor? I work on computer-based course and my boss asked me to enquire about the 2006 Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Awards' winners, and one of the gold winner is Cisco System (with Sify eLearning) for their "Mobile Learning Delivery Platform for Cisco Systems". What I could find about it pointed to an internal tool for delivering courses on Palm Pilots, rather than a software available for purchase. Would it be possible for you to ask the question around and tell me if I am right? It would be most appreciated.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
catgoddess
Geek
Member # 6838

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 09:27      Profile for catgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats.

You'll see my name on a few Cisco course manuals... mostly Routing and Switching courses such as ARSFE and RSSSE. [Smile]

If there is a typo in there, it's not mine. It's someone else's...

Cisco people are straaaaaaaaaaaaange, but I kind of miss them.

Kind of.

The best Cisco spoof site ever. Jessica Simpson makes open-source routers sound way hotter than any course I ever wrote.

--------------------
"I love humanity but I hate people." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Posts: 102 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 09:51            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like someone wants to be stalked by a certain Cisco employee ;)

Get in there :P

catgoddess
Geek
Member # 6838

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 09:59      Profile for catgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's hard to imagine, but just because someone with boobs posts here doesn't mean they want to hump the help.

Besides, I'm still drying off from that bucket of water...

--------------------
"I love humanity but I hate people." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Posts: 102 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 10:04            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot believe Steen did that :P It must be a sign that I have finally corrupted his mind, and that is a good thing.
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 10:24      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean Steen's mind wasn't already corrupt? [Confused]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 10:33            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite enough :)
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 11:07      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we've gotten past the debate on whether I have a mind and now it's just whether it's corrupt or not?

Sweet!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 12:04      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
I cannot believe Steen did that [Razz] It must be a sign that I have finally corrupted his mind, and that is a good thing.

Steen?

I fail to see the correlation. Mind you, I just opened another thread and um...wow. Just wow.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 13:08            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bucket ... water ...
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2007 20:48      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL on the CIsco spoof site. Acronyms! Acronyms! [Eek!]

Catgoddess, when I did an enviromental safety manual in college I had no background in chemistry so I had to learn the names of compounds phonetically. Mind you, I had the department head check them. But now that I know organic chemistry I wonder if I got my alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes mixed up. [Razz]

Steen, go ahead, be corrupt! [Applause]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture