homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Tip O' The Day #1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tip O' The Day #1
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 4 posted January 10, 2007 16:55      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an old, grumpy geek, I have enjoyed passing along knowledge to young geeks that I have gathered over the years.

Tip Number One: When filling out the donor card on your driver's license, on that part that asks about organs you choose to donate ...

...don't write, "whatever is left of my liver."

This can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Don't ask me how I know this, but it's true.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 17:22      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CP___________________________I just have to know you came to know this?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 17:32      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now i'm just trying to think of a situation where that could happen.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 17:40      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stevenback7_____________________When you have been pulled over for erratic driving and the Cop is looking at your license. Would be my guess.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 10:33      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of donating parts of ones body, I used to frequent a blood bank that had thier doners present cards to the blood bank every time they donated. The information on the card was the usual stuff. Name, birthday, blood type. The one thing that got to me though was the catagory "group" I was list as "volentary" . I always wondered what the other group was and if they came in like me and presented thier card or if more radical measures were taken to get thier blood.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 15:49      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
Speaking of donating parts of ones body, I used to frequent a blood bank that had thier doners present cards to the blood bank every time they donated.

They gave their kebabs to the blood bank? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2007 16:11      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
Speaking of donating parts of ones body, I used to frequent a blood bank that had thier doners present cards to the blood bank every time they donated.

They gave their kebabs to the blood bank? [Big Grin]
Sounds like a felafel lot of meat.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bifurcati
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2007 19:50      Profile for Bifurcati   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shish. Here we go again.

Aren't we a tahini bit exhausted of punning?

--------------------
---

http://www.illuminatingscience.org/

Posts: 13 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2007 21:45      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bifurcati:
Shish. Here we go again.

Aren't we a tahini bit exhausted of punning?

quote:

Men of GC Calendar Jump to new posts by garlicguy (1884) January 14, 2007 08:19

Or, it could be that they just like to perch before their keyboards and watch before diving in.

I'm guessing 'no.' [Wink]

Yes...that's 1884 posts, of which about 12 aren't puns. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2007 21:49            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still no signs of that calendar, although by the sounds of it, we'd get 12 pages of fish right about now :P
IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture