homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Rhythm of life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rhythm of life
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2006 11:50      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This last Wednesday I was on my way from CA to NC and I had a 3 hour layover in Nashville, TN whose airport is the worst I've ever seen. After about 2 hours of being there people started hopping in line to board so I joined them.

The entire flight home I had my iPod going and to be honest I heard nothing but the sounds of music being pumped into my head.

While I was in line a certain song about a bot came on. Just then a people started getting off a plane and the terminal filled with people almost instantly. People, whom all of which seemed to be moving to my beat, were everywhere. Walking, Standing, Talking, Or otherwise animated but all powered by my one beat. Turning my head in amusement (or to try and snap out of this allusion) I realize 2 ~10yo girls and 2 young boys just a little older dancing about the gate area with no real rhythm or steps or any guides or directions whatsoever. Completely defying all order and structure within the airport, they moved and flailed their limbs about in perfect harmony to my beat. It was contagious. I couldn't help but to catch myself caught up in the rhythm, wanting to move, but realizing my surrounding's I maintained myself. Though, I wanted to dance.

Then an older girl, who seemed to be with the same group as they younger ones broke away from the line with a phone attached to her ear. She moved with such grace. Dancing around a pillar, spinning in the open, it all seemed too good.

This couldn't be real, I thought. I must be delusional so I removed my headphones only to see that the people continued to move, without my music.

It was as if I were the spectator to a live Mac commercial.

I was in awe the rest of the time I stood in line and couldn't help but to chuckle to myself.

Needless to say, I love my new iPod.

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2006 13:06      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace, you really should lay off the hallucinogenics while you're still enlisted. [Razz]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2006 13:20      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how much coffee did u drink while at the airport? If they still call that hideous stuff they have at the airport coffee.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 29, 2006 14:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me issues a Section 8.

Welcome to the iPod Forces!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2006 15:12      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:

And I love that story.

Thank you for sharing, Jace.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2006 15:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds to me like you're Addicted to bass

<sings>Standing by the stereo I'm feeling so alone
My back against a speaker and I'm moving on my own
Surrounded by so many and they're staring at my face
They're picking up my problem

I'm totally addicted to bass...

...Sunrise at my window, I look down on the street
People I see everywhere are tapping their feet
Suddenly I realise in a look that I was wrong
Everybody's groovin' to their own song

Down at the scene below
There's something in the way they move to show
They too, know what I know
They too hunger for the beast below

Rhythm's running over me to wash away my fears
The backbeat of humanity it sweetens my tears
There's something that's connected us down throughout the years
No need to feel so lonely, everyone's addicted to bass...
</sings>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 19:49      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was described so well I could actually see the people dancing.

The hallucigenic affect is spreading!

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 20:13      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever has happened to the Cosmic Bong?

TFD: That song is awesome! It's songs like that one that I wish I could play for the world and just run about in a dancing spree.

Stevenback7: Too much.

Snaggy: I've begun accessorizing my iPod. It's almost as fun as listening to it.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 14:46      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

wait until you go running with it.
when I have mine with me I increase my distance from two miles to three. its like magic.

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 15:39      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 15:41      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This couldn't be real, I thought. I must be delusional so I removed my headphones only to see that the people continued to move, without my music.

Well, you were in Music City after all.
[Wink]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture