homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Wheeee! Wii!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wheeee! Wii!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 25, 2006 16:44      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My nephew brought over his Wii for Christmas, and we had a blast playing the Wii sports. I especially like the bowling. Even my mom was able to play along, in fact, she almost smoked the sons and grandson. [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

[Applause]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 18:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell yes...I did that a week or two ago at my friend's place. 'Twas damn fun for this non-gamer to kick a friend's ass in bowling. For awhile, I was on fire, getting 3-4 strikes in a row. I hearby declare that the Wii is Just Plain Fun (TM).

[thumbsup]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 27, 2006 20:32      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZOMG, you played a wii!

/me is jealous

I would kill to play Twilight Princess on it, but alas, i play it on my cube.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 06:44      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still can't find one anywhere [Smile]
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 12:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Wii at a xmas dinner I attended, played with it for half an hour or so.

Heaps of fun.

Everyone, from the 6 year old druidling to the 70-something druids-in-law had a go, and loved it. I thought I'd have to pry the wiimote from my mother-in-laws cold dead fingers, she was so engrossed in the golf.

If Clan McDruid's reaction to the Wii is any guide, Nintendo are on a winner.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 16:30      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Pogue likes it too!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
AgingAmigaoid
Mini Geek
Member # 764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2006 18:45      Profile for AgingAmigaoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got in line at the local electronics store on 11/19 at 6:00 am... at 8:00 they started handing out their 89 Wii vouchers. I got #64. 2 hours later I had made it to the cashier to pay for the thing so only 4 hours in line for the Wii... Not bad. It then sat in a closet until Christmas morning.

It definitely is as much fun as everyone says.

My non-gaming wife particularly enjoyed Wii Boxing with me... Perhaps I should worry.

But the biggest surprise? It has WiFi and the Opera Browser ... Yep! watching YouTube on the BoobTube with a Wii controlled from the couch by a wireless pointer... pretty spiff!

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture