homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Distrust

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Distrust
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 22:32      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 1am and I'm at Raleigh Durham International Airport.

My plane leaves at 7am and the ticketing opens at 4am.

I'm currently shacked up at the USO but I dont know if i trust myself going to sleep here. I know I should but I dont know if I will get up in 3 hours.

What to do?

P.S. I'm on my 7th cup of coffee.

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2006 23:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a catnap in a really uncomfortable position. That way you can rest but not sleep so deep you don't wake up in time.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2006 00:12      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have doubts, I wouldn't risk it.

I've tried that...a million times before...and I truly believe I will get up, but I don't.

Take last Thursday for example: My alarm went off at 6:30...I told myself just 10 more minutes. I didn't wake up until 3:30, and completely missed school altogether...my first absence.

I mean, if you think you can, sure. But you are probably more tired and stressed from the whole airport business than you think, and your body will not wake you up.

Just my advice, but good luck no matter what you do.

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2006 00:40      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cell phone with an alarm clock?

With all your Marine goodies you don't have a device for waking up at the right time? [evil]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2006 05:49      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Cell phone with an alarm clock?

With all your Marine goodies you don't have a device for waking up at the right time?

Seriously, most cell phones have an alarm in them. (I'm a little late to the game here, but it's worth checking the airport shops to see if they've any battery powered alarm clocks, as well.)
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2006 08:04      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going to repeat myself, you're halfway to cali by now [Smile]
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2006 14:35      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so did u miss the plane or have u arrived at your destination ?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 06:19      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by never_ask_why333:
Take last Thursday for example: My alarm went off at 6:30...I told myself just 10 more minutes. I didn't wake up until 3:30, and completely missed school altogether...

oh man, first time i have pissed myself laughing at a forum post for a long time. now to clean up.

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 06:44      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by never_ask_why333:
If you have doubts, I wouldn't risk it.

I've tried that...a million times before...and I truly believe I will get up, but I don't.

Take last Thursday for example: My alarm went off at 6:30...I told myself just 10 more minutes. I didn't wake up until 3:30, and completely missed school altogether...my first absence.

I mean, if you think you can, sure. But you are probably more tired and stressed from the whole airport business than you think, and your body will not wake you up.

Just my advice, but good luck no matter what you do.

Isn't that why alarm clocks have snooze buttons?
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 07:21            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends. My alarm clock is the type that truly scares the living daylights into me, with the nightmarish grinding din it makes. But it's a mechanical alarm (but a quartz movement) and has no snooze button. I used to use my palmtop, since I could set it for workdays only (it's got a nice alarm program on it) but ever since the battery started acting up, I've just used my wrist watch. Again, no snooze option.

It's only my palmtop that had snooze, which I did use.

IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 08:12      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can always try prodding yourself with that ubersharp marine dagger of yours, but not hard enough to puncture your lung and drown in your own blood [Razz]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 08:28      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't give him ideas!
He's accidentally stabbed himself both in the thigh and the foot before.

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 09:28      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch?!

Well, that must have been a silly thing to do!

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 09:36      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stabbing himself twice before, and that pic of all the marines in hazard suits bending over...I thought marines were supposed to be smart. [evil]

Go Army I guess. [Wink]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 10:01      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we all know that the Marines were historically just a branch of the Navy anyway.
Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture