homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » zomg pen pals! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: zomg pen pals!
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 08:05      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I will send some PMs tonight to those I haven't contacted yet, as I have now 18 cards to send. I just received Civ IV yesterday, and trying it took whatever little time was left of my evening. Or you could contact me first.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 08:19      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who should I PM to get a list to send to and have my name on a list? All this is getting confusing! [Confused] [crazy] [Eek!]
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 08:31      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
Who should I PM to get a list to send to and have my name on a list? All this is getting confusing! [Confused] [crazy] [Eek!]

I think we're PMing individuals separately. At least that's what I've been doing. [Confused]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 10:49      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who wants an envelope of white powder sent to them (or a loved one) PM me with an arse pic of yourself (or a loved one).
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 10:51      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A list WOULD be rather organized.
A lot of people who have offered to send (including myself) haven't PMed anybody soliciting, and are waiting for the PMs to drop in.

I wouldn't mind compiling a list.

So far I have black widow, steen, stereo, jace raven, stibbons and spiderman.

peebs, nerdwithnofriends, luke skywalker, mel and cap'n vic have made offers - but I don't have their addresses

I reckon I should get around to actually PMing some of you, as I still have four cards left.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 10:53      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Anyone who wants an envelope of white powder sent to them ... PM me with an arse pic of yourself ....

Will an 8"X 10" glossy do?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 13:00      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
(I will send some PMs tonight to those I haven't contacted yet, as I have now 18 cards to send. I just received Civ IV yesterday, and trying it took whatever little time was left of my evening. Or you could contact me first.)

Hey Civ 4 takes precidence over everything.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 16:04      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm managed to use up all my christmas cards now. [Smile]

I will gladly send you a hand written christmas note though, if you don't want to be left out!

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 30, 2006 16:48      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw this is cute! Nice work business attire!

GC Headquarters would love Christmas cards, to brighten up our snowed-in, power-going-off day.

And we feature them on the webcam [Big Grin]

you know the address...

Geek Culture
Box 77 Union Bay,
British Columbia, V0R 3B0,
Canada

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 17:43      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, you can put your post card in my mail box ANY time.

*I need new jokes*

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2006 17:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yours was addressed yesterday, Snaggy. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2006 07:11      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I didn't PM you, let me know - I lost track [Razz]
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2006 09:15      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All joking aside, would it be okay to send musical E-cards? When I'm working in the office, I'm always on the computer. I cannot remember the last time I wrote out and mailed a physical card. [ohwell]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2006 10:32      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, gg, if someone has their email address in their profile, I think its fair game don't you??

I know mine is there...

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2006 00:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine isn't, but do a bit of research and you'll find it. Or just be clever and throw my SN in front of the uberpopular invite-only e-mail service and you might reach me. [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted December 02, 2006 09:12      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been lurking a bit lately, but I could do with sharing some Christmas spirit.

Anyone who'd like a dinky di Aussie Christmas card, drop me a line with a PM or email. I promise, no imported Hallmark sop, only genuine, irreverent, humourous Aussie cards.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 20:05      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally managed to get motivated and PM-ed most everyone who clearly offered cards. If I missed you, or you didn't offer but want a card from me anyway, drop me a PM.

Unless BA's Christmas Card Clearinghouse (BACCC! Or I'll smite you with my sabre!) is in, um, business, and I missed it. If that's the case, where do I sign up?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 20:14      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the only sabre smiting that will happen is if you people don't post some sort of mail call. I will be very upset if you don't tell me your card has arrived.
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 20:34      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got BA's card. Just a reminder to folks whom I've PMed, I won't be able to send these cards for a while. I've got finals to study for. I should be dropping them in the mail sometime in the middle of next week, but I'll strive for sooner.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2006 20:49      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got your card today, business attire. Thanks a bunch! [Big Grin] We are picking up the photo cards tomorrow morning so all my cards should be going out in the next day or so. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 06:10      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my card from BA yesterday too! With a really cool drawing! Yay! Thanks!

I will try to get my cards out by the end of the week. I make no promises, but they will be sent before Christmas.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 07:46      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
black widow shhhh! you're the only one that got a drawing because I don't know how to draw a Peeb or a Jace or a Nerdwithnofriends. I can draw big creepy spiders though!
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 11:27      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got the card from business attire today. Thanks! [Cool]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 17:50      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My card from BA arrived today. Now my nice, clean keyboard has glitter stuck between the keys. It's quite festive! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2006 20:42      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're the third person to complain about the glitter.

sorry guys. next time I'll put a warning on the envelope: do not open on account of glitter.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture