homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » anyone here live in SFL and work where you need I.T. help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone here live in SFL and work where you need I.T. help?
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 9 posted October 31, 2006 20:35      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
note: ranting ahead

after i pay rent and most of elec. bill tomorrow, then throw some at cable, i'm gonna be just about out of cash - literally

i'll be late paying car and ins. in two weeks too and then i'll REALLY be broke [tired]

trying to find work in I.T. is a pain in the ass
i've had 14 interviews in the last 3 weeks
yes, my resume is on at LEAST a dozen sites and there's probably 30 headhunters with it as well (one in oregon of all places! wtf? i don't wanna relocate, but if he finds something proper and they pay it...... eh)

i've had 4 job offers, but i've had to turn them down as the pay rate simply wasn't enough to be able to pay bills - the others i'm sure i COULD have gotten, but according to my resume (i think) they think i'll bail (not true!) since it shows... not steady long term employment (because i've been doing contract shit!)

why'd i turn them down?
cuz i told them that i'd be looking for another job that pays more and be gone inside a month
i can't do that to me or them, i'm not a dick

contract i.t. work is pure shit - can't get enough steady enough to make any money

sell some suff i own?
sure, if anyone has an interest, and it seems no one does

www.demoniclemon.com/stuffineedtosell but it seems no one i tell about the things is interested (also 5500watt generator nib, 16' kayak used for ~5hours total, car audio speakers nib, some amps, and a few other bits n pieces)

sell the car? fuck no. not an option. how would i get around to get a job? but then how am i gonna pay for the car? right, got your argument covered there. no, busses are totally unreliable around here not to mention it would take an hour and a half to go 8 miles. bike? can't afford to buy one, or to ride it in SFL weather - that's just dumb. walk? puh-leeeeeze. sure, if i want 2 jobs that pay min. wage each and be working 19 hours a day.

go ahead, ask me a "why don't you.....?" and i'll have an answer for it, and it'll be negative
i've thought of damn near everything already

f your spelling pedants

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2006 19:47      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ouch man, sorry to here about the bad job hunting. I can only wish you luck that you will get a good job.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2006 12:50      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[tired]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2006 13:20      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much do you want for the wireless optical?
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2006 23:20      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.......ever considered a career as a crash test dummy?

-

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2006 09:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
.......ever considered a career as a crash test dummy?

-

Hey Cap'n! This looks like good work if a guy can get it. Comfy chairs, free transportation and full medical. Where do I apply? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2006 18:43      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:

what's it worth to ya?

--------------------

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2006 20:40      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
quote:

what's it worth to ya?
My first born?
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2006 05:26      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
quote:

what's it worth to ya?
My first born?
how about a bit less?
don't need any leaking things running around here, heh

--------------------

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2006 07:38      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture