homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Halloween Costumes (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Halloween Costumes
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 13:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
business attire wrote:
demosthenes, I would LOVE for you to show me this. At 5'9 and a solid 150 lbs I'm already threatening looking enough, but to actually have technique behind it would be devastating.

You do realize that demosthenes is basically a cute pyschopath, right? Kind of like Hello Kitty with short cropped hair and the bow replaced by a length of someone's intestinal tract tied into a fancy knot.

She's also just a tough, smart bearded lady who has been kind enough to spare my life. [Wink] (But she wears it well! [Big Grin] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 13:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I've never been in a confrontation. Partly because I just stayed away from bad places at night (like anywhere near the river), and partly because I walk like I know what I'm doing. Also, when I was an undergrad, I had a tendency to look so scraggly that even the pan-handlers left me alone.

I did get called a whore once when I was walking home early one morning. I think the idiot thought I was taking the walk of shame. In reality I was coming home from the 24 hour computer lab. I wasn't even dressed for a party. I have no idea what that moron was thinking.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 13:40      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
You've obviously never had your foot stomped on by a woman in 3 inch heels.

Maybe tell us a bit more of that experience, Druid? [Wink]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 14:16      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
You've obviously never had your foot stomped on by a woman in 3 inch heels.

Maybe tell us a bit more of that experience, Druid? [Wink]
Some time when I'm drunk and maudlin, I might tell you the full horror-story of my mad ex. Suffice to say, the stiletto heel was one of her less deadly choices of weapon.

That stomped-on foot still gives me trouble sometimes...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 15:28      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
So you uh... you live in NC huh?

[Big Grin]

yes. yes I do.

I didn't do anything for halloween but study myself into an overwhelming panic attack that could only be remedied by a sweet boy and two hours of straight DragonForce. and I still didn't do well on my test this morning. gah!

quote:
Steen:
You do realize that demosthenes is basically a cute pyschopath, right?

I do now.

quote:
Demosthenes:
take up Muay Thai and weight training.

I've heard of it, worked with a girl that did it, and was always scared for her because she'd come in to work all battered and bruised.
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 15:42      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a late reply to the original topic, here is the best picture I got of myself as a tavern wench.

-

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 18:36      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, what's in that mug? Very cute [Smile]

I dind't know that most rapes are caused by acquaintances. I knew most cases of molestation were. I don't hear much about rape around here (lots of murder though - yay murder capitol! I think the count is 17 murders so far).

If it is true that men are more likely to attack someone that looks vulnerable, I'm screwed. I always look over my shoulder at men walking behind me at night. Maybe I should stop that...? If I do feel threatened, I just put a key between my fingers as a lame excuse of a weapon [Smile]

Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 18:46      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a lot less lame if you also know how to throw an effective punch.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 19:41      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, oh, Peebs, apparently your little Piglet already knows the good stuff comes in the mug, not her sippy cup...

Here are some cruddy shots of the clublets. I'm too lazy to make thumbnails right now, so links are all you get:

Corpse Bride
"Dark Angel" (sans wings)

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 19:44      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
Haha, what's in that mug?

Some crumpled up brown packing paper and crumpled white kleenexes on top of that for the foam.

quote:
(lots of murder though - yay murder capitol! I think the count is 17 murders so far).
That sounds a lot better than the city I used to live in. I think it was 63 murders last year.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 21:29      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mel...make it a bit more menacing, and get a kubotan on your keyring*. I think it was Demosthenes who first mentioned them, and I must say, they sound like interesting implements.

*Mind you, some quick reading on the web naturally reminds one of the fact that you actually have to know what to do with it. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 12:49      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so I said that I'd post a picture, here it is:
 -
From left to right, that's the boyfriend in his amazing shark suit, me with my eyes closed (as Cheney's hunting buddy), two friends of mine as a naughty schoolgirl and Hefner, respectively, and Kibo on the far right in the ninja costume.

(Yes, THAT Kibo.)

Taken just before we left the house to begin our candy collections. Man, I'm going to get a layer of blubber for the winter if I don't get rid of that pillowcase full of Snickers bars in the kitchen...

Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 18:37      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, that shark is awesome! Reminds me of the land shark from Saturday Night Live. Your Hugh Hefner friend there looks more like Ron Jeremy...lol

-

Oh, and I totally forgot about another band I saw at the metal show. I guess I had a few by that point and forgot...

Still Village: http://www.myspace.com/stillvillagemetal

Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 19:41      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was planning to be a zombie, but due to my laziness and general lack of creativity ended up going as Shaun instead. Easiest costume ever [Smile]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 20:37      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'm a T4 bacteriophage, he's the solar system.

That isn't my S.O.; we just randomly took a picture together.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 20:48      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

Supergoo, I hate to tell you this, but I think you may be... a... a geek.

Just thought you should know.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 21:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Mel...make it a bit more menacing, and get a kubotan on your keyring

Kubotans are for dweebs, get yourself one of these...

-

It's a Turkana wrist-knife, we picked up a couple in Kenya, beautiful and functional.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 23:03      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn goo, that's pretty impressive!

My bro went to a costume party a while back dressed as outer space. He wore black and taped stars and planets to himself. Then he commissioned me to make a flying saucer and a rocket. A rocket that was neither too small nor too phallic. He had another friend over helping him with the stars and planets and general moral support. I think you can imagine the jokes a couple college-age males will make about rockets...

--------------------
- The Decemberists

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 23:16            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think all I'd have had to have done is step out the door and stare at people. That alone would be quite frightening.
IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2006 07:42      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice costume, goo, but geez, I hope your, um, membrane was more firmly attached to you than it looks! Not that I'd complain if I was there, mind you [Wink]

--------------------
Ugh!

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2006 09:43      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
I hope your, um, membrane was more firmly attached to you than it looks!

psh! helical nucleocapsid, more liek.
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2006 15:15      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ugh, MightyClub:
Nice costume, goo, but geez, I hope your, um, membrane was more firmly attached to you than it looks!

I would like to disassociate myself from the comment made by my honourable friend. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2006 09:15      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, mind you, if I was actually there I wouldn't have minded participating in a bit of osmosis...

--------------------
Ugh!

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2006 18:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, IIRC, it's even more violent than that (but some like it that way). I think (please bear in mind my microbiology is rusty) that the T-even phages infect cells by landing on the surface and then injecting their genomes into the cytosol. I'll let your imagination do the rest. [Wink]

--------------------
- The Decemberists

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2006 19:53      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
Well, mind you, if I was actually there I wouldn't have minded participating in a bit of osmosis...

In that case, steal Goo's costume and dress her up as e.coli. Or, if you like it kinky, you can be the e.coli [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
and Kibo on the far right in the ninja costume.

(Yes, THAT Kibo.)

Kibo THE TROLL? OMGFWTFBBQ!!!
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture