homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » awww kittah awww :) (big pics 56kdeath)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: awww kittah awww :) (big pics 56kdeath)
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted September 14, 2006 15:11      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, so i got a kittah [Smile]

Bella, she's a russian blue

dark grey hair, yellow eyes
she's about 3mo old now (got her almost a week ago)

[thumbsup]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

very hard to get a front shot of her, she's always moving around, or JUST as i'm about to take the pic, she'll move

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 15:46      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations ct! [Applause]

That looks like a very suitable cat. Does she miaow in Russian?

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 16:02            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The irony, ct, is that we already know what you look like :) So I presume that the pictures are not yours? ;)
IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 17:20      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
The irony, ct, is that we already know what you look like [Smile] So I presume that the pictures are not yours? [Wink]

oh, that's me, i just changed the face as i have used that pic on another forum or two

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 17:22      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
Congratulations ct! [Applause]

That looks like a very suitable cat. Does she miaow in Russian?

well, i can't understand russian either, so ..

[crazy]

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 17:51      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure she gets plenty of vodka [Smile]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 08:13      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cute -ct-!
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 13:23      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must I be the first person to harangue -ct- by asking how long until this latest aquisition bites the dust (like all the rest before it)? [Razz]

Very cute cat, -ct-, although I'm not convinced that the last picture is of the same cat. Is it just lighting that changes the color of her coat?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 14:52      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-

That is a fine looking beastie that you have hooked up with. She looks a tad evil - which is usually a good sign with Felis domesticus [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 7 posted September 15, 2006 15:47      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Must I be the first person to harangue -ct- by asking how long until this latest aquisition bites the dust (like all the rest before it)? [Razz]

Very cute cat, -ct-, although I'm not convinced that the last picture is of the same cat. Is it just lighting that changes the color of her coat?

yeah the brightness of the light changes how it reflects

it's easy to tell the bands of alternating light/dark on her tail - it's not very easy to tell the verticle bands on the rest of her without the right light, but they are there

--------------------

-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted September 27, 2006 19:10      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

[crazy]

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 4 posted September 27, 2006 19:53            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need "Don't break picture hosting site rules" in my signature. Please, all of you, don't post images from sites that don't permit it. If they're set up to block hot-linking, you won't see anything wrong -- the image is already in your browser's cache -- and the rest of us will see an error image from the site or just a dash (UBB's alt property).

In this case, two "Un-Authorized Referer" error pictures...

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 20:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
I need "Don't break picture hosting site rules" in my signature. Please, all of you, don't post images from sites that don't permit it. If they're set up to block hot-linking, you won't see anything wrong -- the image is already in your browser's cache -- and the rest of us will see an error image from the site or just a dash (UBB's alt property).

In this case, two "Un-Authorized Referer" error pictures...

Well, they load just fine for me. [evil]
Still, you won't get any argument from me! I've got my own little corner of t3h Intarweb to place my boring stuff, so I haven't a clue what's out there - a little creative searching using a good research tool will surely turn up some good ideas. I was going to link to b3ta's FAQ on image hosting, but it's not nearly as relevant for here.

For the love of penguins, please, please resize images! Any time I post anything for more than one friend, I always make images 'web friendly.' That means I "JPEG crush" them - typically I reduce my 5 MP pictures to 25% or 33% of the original ~2572x1944 pixels, which ends up with something that can be seen on nearly every screen, and is no more then about 150k. If I really to show the full-sized image, I'll often even make a much smaller picture, and do a CfB link. In this case, I can't see the actual substance of some pictures...and I'm viewing this at 1024x768. There's really no reason to waste everyone's bandwidth, just to be lazy.

Also, I consider it bad form to crosspost - basically, you're just dumping a post in here, solely for the sake of bragging about your pet (and we can only presume it's really yours, given how much you post other people's content). I don't think you're reading any comments here...just dumping more stuff.

I was going to suggest that everyone preview posts that contain links to pictures, but I didn't consider that one's browser may cache such things. That could definitely lead to the illusion that one successfully posted a bunch of pictures, even though they don't work. I'm very careful about my links, as I always put them in a new tab and copy/paste the links, so unless UBB burps, they /should/ be correct. If they're long enough or strange enough that UBB burps, I use SnipURL.

HAND.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 22:31            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the image size on this page (and in the Photo Thread v4) is nuts. I reckon you need a 2764-odd px wide screen to read them without lots of horizontal scrolling. Ah the joys... (as much fun as sneezing for a whole hour)

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture