homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Toblerone tip! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Toblerone tip!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 05, 2006 14:17      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever struggled while eating a Toblerone chocolate bar, trying to break off the piece? Here's a helpful tip from a Toblerone Genius....

Don't try to pry the chocolate piece away from the bar. Instead, push the tip of the piece you want towards the bar. The whole piece will break off nicely, and you'll have your triangle, without the struggle or mess.

OK, now you may proceed on with your day. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 14:26      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Ever struggled while eating a Toblerone chocolate bar, trying to break off the piece? Here's a helpful tip from a Toblerone Genius....

Don't try to pry the chocolate piece away from the bar. Instead, push the tip of the piece you want towards the bar. The whole piece will break off nicely, and you'll have your triangle, without the struggle or mess.

I think that the structural breaking point(lb's force) of a toblerone chocalate bar is the same if you snap the bar inwards our outwards.

and FYI the "e" at the end of toblerone is not silent.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 14:33      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a related note, I made a chocolate Better Than Sex cake this weekend for our Labo(u)r Day get-together at my aunt and uncle's house. I used Hershey's Heath bars, but Toblerone would work well, too, since it's comprised of the required toffee and chocolate. Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Better Than Sex Cake

1. Freeze at least three Heath bars or one regular-sized Toblerone
2. Thaw one container of Cool Whip. (Directions on the label say to thaw in the refrigerator for four hours, so plan accordingly.)
3. Bake an extra-moist Devil's Food Cake. (Cheat and use a box mix, following the directions.)
4. Let the cake cool.
5. Poke holes in the cake with a chopstick or the end of a small wooden spoon.
6. Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake and let it drain through the holes.
7. Spread one jar of caramel sauce/ice cream topping over the top of the cake.
8. Remove candy from freezer and break into small pieces with a meat tenderizer or hammer.
9. Mix candy into Cool Whip. (Reserve a few tablespoons of crumbs for garnish.)
10. Spread Cool Whip mixture on top of cake.
11. Sprinkle reserved candy crumbs on top.
12. Enjoy! (Refrigerate leftovers... if any remain.)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 14:35      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
On a related note, I made a chocolate Better Than Sex cake this weekend for our Labo(u)r Day get-together at my aunt and uncle's house. I used Hershey's Heath bars, but Toblerone would work well, too, since it's comprised of the required toffee and chocolate. Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Better Than Sex Cake

1. Freeze at least three Heath bars or one regular-sized Toblerone
2. Thaw one container of Cool Whip. (Directions on the label say to thaw in the refrigerator for four hours, so plan accordingly.)
3. Bake an extra-moist Devil's Food Cake. (Cheat and use a box mix, following the directions.)
4. Let the cake cool.
5. Poke holes in the cake with a chopstick or the end of a small wooden spoon.
6. Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake and let it drain through the holes.
7. Spread one jar of caramel sauce/ice cream topping over the top of the cake.
8. Remove candy from freezer and break into small pieces with a meat tenderizer or hammer.
9. Mix candy into Cool Whip. (Reserve a few tablespoons of crumbs for garnish.)
10. Spread Cool Whip mixture on top of cake.
11. Sprinkle reserved candy crumbs on top.
12. Enjoy! (Refrigerate leftovers... if any remain.)

If you think this is better than sex, you are doing something wrong.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 14:35      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:

I think that the structural breaking point(lb's force) of a toblerone chocalate bar is the same if you snap the bar inwards our outwards.
I think it's kinda like when you cut down a tree... you make a cut in the tree on the side where you want it to fall, which for most newbie loggers is a rather counterintuitive idea. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I see the logic behind Snaggy's suggestion.

Oh, to only have a Toblerone bar here to test both theories!!

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 14:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

If you think this is better than sex, you are doing something wrong.
Hey, I didn't label the recipe! This has been around for years. (And never having sex, of course I can say it's better than sex. It's certainly better than no sex.)

But it did go off to rave reviews and somewhat off-color jokes yesterday. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 14:38      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ashitaka, you may be correct in regards to the structural breaking point, however with the Toblerone Genius Method, you can apply the force easier, and prevent contamination by finger contact of the remaining piece. [Geek]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 14:54      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ashitaka, you may be correct in regards to the structural breaking point, however with the Toblerone Genius Method, you can apply the force easier, and prevent contamination by finger contact of the remaining piece. [Geek]

That's why I carefully manipulate it with the foil mostly intact. [Smile]

/me has more than a bit of experience with Toblerone. [Wink]

(In fact, a bona fide tradition seems to have started in which I'm given Toblerone whenever I take a vacation...and I'm not complaining. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 17:40      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmmmm.... Toblerone... I haven't had one of those in AGES! apparently they make for a very yummy chocolate fondue!

Mmmmmmmm!!!

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 23:09      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...If you think this is better than sex, you are doing something wrong.

werd, yo

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 12 posted September 06, 2006 04:47            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you'd know how? ;)
IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 06:24      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a survey done a while ago which indicated that women preferred chocolate over sex. I don't remember what country the survey was done in, but to me that means either:

a) the chocolate is REALLY good there,
b) the men aren't very good there or
c) all of the above

Hehehe!

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 06:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:

!

Hey, as it takes two to tango, It also takes two good tango dancers to dance well. Maybe it is the women that don't know what they are doing. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 07:10      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
There was a survey done a while ago which indicated that women preferred chocolate over sex. I don't remember what country the survey was done in, but to me that means either:

a) the chocolate is REALLY good there,
c) all of the above

Hehehe!

Just remember it doesn't have to be either/or...

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sirius
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5184

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 06, 2006 07:41      Profile for Sirius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great timing with the tip. It will come in very handy, I just got a giant toblerone bar for my birthday
[thumbsup]

Posts: 16 | From: Perth | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 08:17      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there was a survey done a while ago which indicated that women preferred chocolate over sex. ...
The real question is how many women prefer having sex with chocolate. (Is a Toblerone bar considered "ribbed"?)

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 08:20      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
there was a survey done a while ago which indicated that women preferred chocolate over sex. ...
The real question is how many women prefer having sex with chocolate. (Is a Toblerone bar considered "ribbed"?)

I can't help but cross my legs at the thought of the horrible yeast infection that would result. [Eek!]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 08:21            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that chocolate does not take much heat to melt it, that would suggest that you'd need the chocolate equivalent of v1agra for l.0nger 1assting ple-asure ... St4y hard fo.r |onger ...
IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 09:32      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:

I can't help but cross my legs at the thought of the horrible yeast infection that would result. [Eek!]
Great! I just had to read this as I'm having lunch. :-p
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 10:40      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can make just one person shoot coffee out their nose each day, my world is a little brighter. [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 13:27      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh, to only have a Toblerone bar here to test both theories!!

Hmm I will have to wander down to my local store to test this [Wink]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bifurcati
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 21:07      Profile for Bifurcati   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swiss Mercenary, I have to confess that I didn't read the quoted text, and with your post coming straight after the yeast infection series...seriously disturbing...
Posts: 13 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 06:03      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

Ugh, seriously, even I cringed at that. [ohwell]
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 08:45      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things. First one, Ewwwwwwww. The second, thank you for ruining my plans on baking chocolate chunk cookies later [Razz] I'm never going to be able to look at a chocolate bar the same way again.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2006 09:03      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpazGirl:
Two things. First one, Ewwwwwwww. The second, thank you for ruining my plans on baking chocolate chunk cookies later [Razz] I'm never going to be able to look at a chocolate bar the same way again.

I bet you won't. [devil wand]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture