homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » College

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: College
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 19:31      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I joined GC I was in between my freshman and sophomore years in high school. Today marks my first week of college; I moved in last Saturday and have been busy running around everywhere ever since.

Google maps says I am approximately 731 miles from my hometown. My school is great but also very different from most undergraduate institutions. I like it here. I don't want to reveal searchable info on the internet but if you wanna know about where I'm going just PM me.

Lately I haven't been on the internet as much as I used to get on at home, but I see this as a welcome relief. It seems like in high school I would get sucked into a virtual universe that I had created for myself in order to escape the lack of things going on in my life. Now that I have stuff to do, it's quite refreshing and...more whole, I guess. I don't feel like I'm a hollow shell with a CRT tan anymore.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 20:01      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on college! I understand what you mean about experiencing real life vs make-your-own reality. Have a fun and educational time. [Smile]
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 01:05      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is your university different from most undergraduate places? Or the real question of how you would know being the first time in Uni? What can you post without giving away your location?

My University was much different froim high school for me. I went to a high school of over 3000 students and went to a private university of about 500 full time students.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 07:22      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My college advice to you: clean out your hookah and learn to chug. Get on your professors' good sides and you'll manage to coast quite comfortably. [Big Grin]
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 08:19      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never drink the bong water.

NEVER!

Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 12:48      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the whole being in college thing...I'm pretty sure that the school you're attending is one of the few in existence that will be able to keep up a with a brain such yours. [Smile] [thumbsup]

Quoth Ashitaka: How is your university different from most undergraduate places? Or the real question of how you would know being the first time in Uni?

I'll take the liberty of confirming that the school she's attending is quite unique. A place I'd rather like to attend, I might add.

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 13:19      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Supergoo! and great to hear that you are enjoying it so much. My best wishes to you.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 13:48      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Supergoo - [Smile] I don't know where you are (obviously!) but it sounds like the right place for you to be. Enjoy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2006 15:14      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Never drink the bong water.

NEVER!

He's right, it won't get you any higher.

</M2K2>

Congrats on college, though, it's a fun time, but hard work too.... good luck with the latter and don't forget to take/make some time for the former! [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 04, 2006 10:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOOOOOOO!

You Go Goo! Congrats on College and a real life.... just keep us up to date every now and then. [Big Grin]

[Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2006 11:06      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehe, well, I don't want for my posts to become too blog-ish but I'll keep everyone updated on random happenings :-)

goo

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2006 17:40      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo hoo, Goo! [Applause]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 05, 2006 10:01      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
goo:

This is a great time of life for you, with so much new to experience and explore. You often seem quite settled and mature for your years, so what I'm about to say is meant as encouragement rather than advice:
Enjoy every moment and keep your wits about you. Your life is precious, but not all whom you meet will regard it so.

Good luck and may God keep you in the palm of His hand.

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture