homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Holiday photos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holiday photos
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2006 14:41      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...just getting organised after a week of R'n'R in Scotland, and I thought I would post these snaps which you may like to view:

1) The Crinan Canal

2) A misty morning

3) sunny afternoon

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 09:53      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grummash________________________I always thought that the way to tour England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland would be by renting or leasing a canal boat (or small barge) and plying the waterways. I would imagine there are plenty of friendly people along the waterways.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 10:22      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thems was perty. But - a sunny afternoon in Scotland? What will they think of next?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 21, 2006 10:58      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful photos! I had no idea Scotland had such beautiful beaches! Thanks for sharing those. [Cool]
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 14:23      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics, makes me want to go back again...

<sings>
Will ye no come back again....
</sings>

quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
a sunny afternoon in Scotland? What will they think of next?

So, what day was Summer this year ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 14:38      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice holiday for you Grummy. Did you chance to bump into any celebrities while there? Oh wait. All the famous Scots are either dead, or emigrated to Oz or both.

Nevermind. Forget I asked... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 21:56      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TheMoMan: The canal which our cottage overlooked was only nine miles long, and joined the sea on one side with the sea on the other. However, mooching about on the narrow canals of England makes for a very pleasant holiday. There is quite a community of "canal people" and the scene is very friendly.

Spungo: The weather was a complete surprise. We had thunderstorms one evening, and an hour's rain on one other day, but the rest was hot sun and blue skies. Bizarre!

garlicguy: We didn't see any celebrities, but we had a very pleasant conversation with the streetsweeper in Lochgilphead who told us where the best restaurants were. In a way, he was a bit of a star. [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 13:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of holiday pics..... here are some from a trip to Alaska last week. Sadly, not an arse pic in the whole lot.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 13:50      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? No candids...taken on holiday...know what I mean...nudge, nudge, wink, wink... [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 13:58      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n'Vic:
Sadly, not an arse pic in the whole lot.

Nice photos... but you must learn to tell your Fly Agarics from your Michaelmas Daisies if you gonna deserve arse pics! [Wink]

--------------------

littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 15:10      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are nice pics Vic.

Grummash, is that last pic St Andrews?

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 10:48      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally ,posted by littlefish:
Grummash, is that last pic St Andrews?

Nope. It's Westport Beach, way down on the Kintyre peninsula. We'd driven down to Campeltown to have a wee look round, but we found Campbeltown a bit underwhelming (although we had a lovely curry for lunch at the Taj Mahal). The sun was hot and we had seen a sign for the beach..... so off we went.
It was very very impressive.

--------------------

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 12:41      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone should start a Joy of Tech group on Flickr.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture