homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » So, I told her

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So, I told her
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 01:11      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A part of me hopes otherwise, but I think this will end badly.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 01:22      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually, I don't tell them such. Then, the 'l' word pops up and everything goes to hell.

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 03:14      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fingers crossed for you. Who knows, maybe the world will totally surprise you and it won't end badly.

And remember: Enquiring minds want to know. Keep us posted. [Wink]

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 07:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, good show man. Just wear some chain mail when you next see her... as a protective measure ("I just wanted to embrace the Renaissance to [... work something in about 'classic love'...]" [Wink] ).

Hope it all works out for you. [thumbsup]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted August 10, 2006 08:17      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnificent Valour!

(And may whatever gods you believe in, have mercy on your soul.) [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 09:21      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:
Usually, I don't tell them such. Then, the 'l' word pops up and everything goes to hell.

Is that the 9th letter of the alphabet or the 12th. I know what the L word is. (It's hot lesbians doing it on cable TV.) But what would the i word be? intimacy, infection, irreverent, inuit ingrid irish I?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 09:46      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
But what would the i word be? intimacy, infection, irreverent, inuit ingrid irish I?

...Yes...that's it!

Edit:

Good luck, steen! As one who has been blessed by a long marriage I really hope this works out well for you.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 10:04      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh...somehow I thought that was a capital 'i,' but it is in fact a lowercase L. I copied it to clipboard, and put it in <pre> tags here:
http://www.squarefree.com/htmledit/

(Sure, there's lots of ways to check, but that one worked for me.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 16:48      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need more crazy serif things on the capital I for precisely this reason.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 17:13            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, the 'I' you just typed already had serifs. So does this one -> I (Courier New in Firefox)

I think what you wanted was a properly drawn 'l'. With its own correct serifs, or with a hook at the bottom.

The other stupidity is how lowercase 'l' and the numeral '1' are identical in some fonts and barely distinguishable in others.

And, Steen, wooo!

IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2006 21:30      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No matter how it turns out, kudos for your forthrightness. And, sincerely, best of luck [Smile] I will try to send good things working out mojo your way.

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 10, 2006 22:49      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2006 09:22      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Steen. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2006 18:12      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she sent me an email saying she's at a loss for words and needs time to think, so I'm still waiting.

In the mean time, another friend of mine told me that I should play video games to pass the time and suggested I find myself a Nintendo Wii to pass the time with. She included this link in the email: PS3 vs. Wii (Maybe NSFW)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2006 19:03            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am surprised how pretty their player is when it fills my entire browser window -- a good advocate for vector graphics on the desktop -- but here's the page for people who can't handle full-window playback.

The sad thing is, I'd have to choose the PS3 over the Wiii. The Wiii is too damn annoying and air-headed for me, ugh, imagine trying to date her? More like a stake through the heart.

For games, the choice is obvious. Destruct. On a 486. Or GoldenEye multiplayer. But you'd need a friend for that one ;)

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture