homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » 90% of you will not care about this thread (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 90% of you will not care about this thread
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 4 posted July 11, 2006 22:02      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so if for some reason it has to be deleted or moved, whatever

..... but does anyone in SFL work in I.T., or need to hire someone on?

It appears my position is being eliminated as of this coming monday and I don't have anything to replace it with yet.

Yes, I have my resume out to every farkin' headhunter in the area, and yes I have contacted everyone I have worked with in the last 1 1/2+ year, and yes I have it up on several job boards, but nothing says I have to stop there so here I am [Wink] (and on a few other boards).

I knew about it coming, but only a week n a half ago, 3 days after i bought my bike [tired] , so my savings are pretty much gone (after paying for it, insurance, reg., tags, etc etc)(and i still have to spend some cash to get it running perfectly [ohwell] ).

I'm in I.T. (as maybe you can tell from the 1st sentence, heh) and I do just about everything except programming. Network/sys admin, hell desk, etc. etc.

If you pm me your work email address, or HR email addy I'll send my resume and references.

If you're not in SFL and still need I.T. help, relocation is an option (anywhere warm!)(if the co. pays), I'm not too picky - there's no one and nothing that says I have to stay in SFL.

Thanks in advance [Smile]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2006 23:21      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
90% ?? [Confused]

Just kidding.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 00:38      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell desk... that sounds like a fun position [crazy]
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 03:37      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-____________________________You seem to have the damnedest luck, Now for the ideas Monster, Geekfinder, and if you would not mind Michigan mLive.com. These people sometimes need network admins.

http://www.ugjn.com/seekers.html

also Google is opening an office in Ann Arbor, plans for about 1000 job openings, Google/jobs.

Thats about all I have.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 04:26      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always get temporary work as a driving instructor [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 07:50      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
You could always get temporary work as a driving instructor [Smile]

[tired] d'oh

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 11:36      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do everything it except programming, network/sysadmin, helldesk.

So what do you do?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 11:55      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

Learn to read and write, you crazy dunce! [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 14:02      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So what do you do?

Management?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2006 15:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
quote:

Learn to read and write, you crazy dunce! [Razz] [Wink]
Max is right...but the evil in me says "Crash test dummy."

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 03:44      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman97_______________________He has tried that, but did not stick with it. He has even tried being robbed but found that it too has no future.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 06:58      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're always looking for a few good men. [Wink]
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 12:28      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
We're always looking for a few good men. [Wink]

a) you're too young for me [Wink]

b) i'm too old for them

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 14:43            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were in the forces once, weren't you?
IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 15:09      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
You were in the forces once, weren't you?

USAF, early 90's
had my war, got out

--------------------

-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 8 posted July 13, 2006 15:17      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF IT RAINS, IT FUCKING POURS!

who remembers the "accident" last year about this time?
the one where a S-10 stopped short, i tried to get out of the way and my front left hood bent his right rear bumper, and then i got hit from behind by an F250 - and both of the fuckers knew each other and sucked $4700 from my ins. co.

yeah, that one

anyway, the state of FL has seen fit to suspend my license, registration(s), and plate(s)* because they don't have "proof" that i had insurance on that date [Mad]
i haven't NOT had insurance on my car *ever*!

* meaning car AND bike

in fact, they asked me about it 6 months after it happened and suspended my lic. then as well! i had to go and get an SR22 to prove it and take it to the DMV to get it back.
after that i figured all was done and that was that.
HA!

things start looking up, buy a few things here n there to make my life better, then i get SLAMMED back to where i was 10 years ago

i can't fucking win.
anything.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 15:53      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct- ...anyway, the state of FL has seen fit to suspend my license, registration(s), and plate(s)* because they don't have "proof" that i had insurance on that date [Mad]

-ct- I understand how bad this news is, I really do.... but..do you not get a 'Certificate of Insurance' from your insurance provider?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 18:27      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
quote:
Originally posted by -ct- ...anyway, the state of FL has seen fit to suspend my license, registration(s), and plate(s)* because they don't have "proof" that i had insurance on that date [Mad]

-ct- I understand how bad this news is, I really do.... but..do you not get a 'Certificate of Insurance' from your insurance provider?
yep, or something like that anyway - which i took to the DMV to show them
doesn't matter though, they say they don't have proof so it all goes buhbye [Mad]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 18:50      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You seriously need to talk to a lawyer. Check and see if there's any free legal aid available in your area.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 19:41      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...the way I see it, they're doing you a favor. Take 6 months to cool off...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 07:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-__________________________WTF, FTW, Damn you seem to have bad karma, or what ever it is that follows you around hanging over you like a thunderstorm.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 2 posted July 14, 2006 22:36      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
-ct-__________________________WTF, FTW, Damn you seem to have bad karma, or what ever it is that follows you around hanging over you like a thunderstorm.

you noticed that too huh?

took the bike out for a ride today, and sure enough i got about 3 1/2 miles away and it dies
will. not. start.

battery isn't charging and i don't know why
tried to pop-start it, but can't get moving fast enough to do it

walk it, all 600 or so pounds of it, back home - or 2 miles anyway
i gave up , parked it and walked the rest
came back a few hours later with jumper cables, and duhhhh, it fires right up
drive it home, and walk back the 1 1/2 mile to my car and drive it home
oh so fun.

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2006 07:35      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-

Check the silicon rectifier...

I had a Honda like that one and one of the terminals on the rectifier was corroded through (though that fact was concealed by the little rubber boot) the result is the alternator is not smothed to DC for the ignition so the battery is running it... Charge battery bike goes for a few miles till the battery dies... rinse and repeat...

The rectifier looks like a small processor heat sink and is usually bolted to the frame near the battery...

Good luck

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2006 16:09      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we're at it, does anyone need an intern? >.>;;

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2006 17:19      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
-ct-

Check the silicon rectifier...

And if that doesn't pan out have a quick look at the flux capacitor...
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture