homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Misplaced Tech...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Misplaced Tech...
ro.hernandezz
Newbie Larva
Member # 5313

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted June 27, 2006 21:29      Profile for ro.hernandezz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I lost my iPod... [Or at least i thought i did...]

I woke up late and rushed to school in a very crowded bus.
When i got to the University gate i realized i had forgotten my ID [Great!]
So I did the usual "gear check" in my backpack [iPod, Cell phone, PDA] and I realized I had forgotten my iPod too! [Even better! [cry baby] ]

When I returned home I began looking for my stuff and I could only find my ID. I spent about 3 hours looking for the iPod and figuring out where the &$%/= I had left it... I even called my friends to see if I hadn't left it in their houses [Which I do often, but thet usually call me first] and no one had seen it. I was about to throw myself of the roof when I had the marvelous idea of putting my hand in my belt.... AND THERE IT WAS!!! [Applause] [I had forgotten the tiny detail that my new belt clip came in the mail yesterday and I began using it...]

At least I didn't lose it!

--------------------
=I hate mornings... I'd like them better if they started later!=

Posts: 8 | From: Mexico DF | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 16:55      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 20:27      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost a rather important key in my pocket once. After sweating to my boss up and down I didn't know where it was I found it. For moment I thought he was going to strangle me. He told me I was way too young to start pulling shit like that.

But you...you have taken the prize. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2006 21:11      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like that fellow who was tearing the house down looking for his glasses - until he looked in the mirror...
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
David Rogers
Mini Geek
Member # 1373

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2006 09:16      Profile for David Rogers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sounds like that fellow who was tearing the house down looking for his glasses - until he looked in the mirror...
Hey . . . I resemble that remark. [Smile]
Posts: 66 | From: Champaign IL USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2006 18:54      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Rogers:
quote:
Hey . . . I resemble that remark. [Smile]
I resemble an I.
ro.hernandezz
Newbie Larva
Member # 5313

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2006 23:19      Profile for ro.hernandezz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And believe it or not, this isn't the fist time it has happened to me! [It's the most stupid though]

Like one time I was walking out of a coffee shop and i realized i had forgottten my iPod.
I go back in to get it and when i can't find it I decide to ask one of the employees if she's seen it so I pause the song, take off my headphones, and that's when it hits me....

[Yes I'm really this dumb...]

--------------------
=I hate mornings... I'd like them better if they started later!=

Posts: 8 | From: Mexico DF | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 29, 2006 23:41      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother's iPod fell off his belt and in between the airline seat he was in. He got home from the airport and realized his iPod was missing, he called the airline and luckily that was the last flight of the night on that jet. An airline maintenance guy went back to the jet & found it between the seat and armrest and put it at the airline's lost and found for him to pick up. It's nice to have honest employees.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2006 00:07      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

I do a similiar thing. I have this rather neurotic thing of touching the outside part of my pants where a pocket is to see if my phone is in one and my iPod is in the other. I do it to the point its a rather subconcious reaction. I have a knack of starting to talk on the phone yet doing my little "check" and have a 2 second rush of panic before it hits me. "I'm talking on it"

As for ipods, my first one had a few drops and the screen was broken beyond [cheap] repair so I bought a new one, both of these out of a poor teenagers only money. The second one got stolen at school (some of you might remember that thread a long time ago). Now you understand why I check every few minutes.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2006 04:35      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
I do a similiar thing. I have this rather neurotic thing of touching the outside part of my pants where a pocket is to see if my phone is in one and my iPod is in the other. I do it to the point its a rather subconcious reaction. I have a knack of starting to talk on the phone yet doing my little "check" and have a 2 second rush of panic before it hits me. "I'm talking on it"

I have the exact same tendency. Although replace 'ipod' with keys, and wallet. I have this habit, and it's a perfect pattern.. front right pocket cell, front left, keys, back left, wallet.

I don't think a pickpocket could ever steal my wallet.. I neurotically check it so often out of habit, that I'd notice within seconds it was gone.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 30, 2006 20:56      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:

I have the exact same tendency. Although replace 'ipod' with keys, and wallet. I have this habit, and it's a perfect pattern.. front right pocket cell, front left, keys, back left, wallet.

I don't think a pickpocket could ever steal my wallet.. I neurotically check it so often out of habit, that I'd notice within seconds it was gone.

Mine is done simultaneously. Both hands goto my right and left pockets whlie at the same time doing a little "hop" in my seat (or bumping backwards into something if standing) to make sure my wallet is in its back left pocket.

And anyday I forget one of those things I suffer all day because of it.

--------------------

maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2006 01:20      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its the two second rush you refer to alfrin that tics me off, I can do without them everyday! [crazy]
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2006 02:56      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lose things in my pockets, in my hands, and on my head, frequently.

Then again, I also lose sentences half-way through speaking them.

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2006 09:45      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:

You're not alone on that one -- my brain works faster than my mouth, so I often forget what I was talking about mid-sentence. It's kind of disturbing.

Also, long time no see, oz. Welcome back.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 01, 2006 21:33      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

You're not alone on that one -- my brain works faster than my mouth, so I often forget what I was talking about mid-sentence. It's kind of disturbing.

I lurk. >.>

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2006 00:30      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I do this too, or my brain has moved onto a completely different thought so mid sentence I add the end of the second thought or replace key words with other words which have caused a rather large amount of awkward conversations that really could have gone differently. Also at times my mind seems to be moving randomly through thoughts so I find myself stopping after ever word to remember what exactly I was saying again.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture