homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » You know you have a drinking problem when.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You know you have a drinking problem when.......
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 18:12      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this today and just figured I would share.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=268346

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 18:36      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like my kind of party house!

Actually, Captain Morgan > *.

I'm surprised he didnt recycle them himself for more beer money to be honest

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 11 posted May 18, 2006 18:46            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief.

Someone once sent me pics of a 1728-can tower in their office at work, and a video of it being knocked down (good stuff) so of course their office was ankle deep in soda cans.

But this bloke ... 70,000? Now that is something else. Am I on the wrong planet, or is he?

IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2006 18:50      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess he has to pee really badly. [Eek!]

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 12:25      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYaWoman:

Woah! Dedication...now I can respect that. [crazy]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 15:48      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
quote:
Originally posted by YaYaWoman:

Woah! Dedication...now I can respect that. [crazy]
Yer me too!, that is a seriously big pat on the back...

It must have been hard to get around with all thoose cans lying around though? [crazy]

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 16:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the guy's water was turned off, how did he shower? Flush his toilet? And why was he away from work for a year? The article said something about his coworkers welcoming him back, but I don't remember why he was gone (I read the article a few days ago). Did it take a year to get rid of the stench of living in a sea of beer cans and a lack of cleansing showers? [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 16:48      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------

Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 11 posted May 19, 2006 16:53      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus! And I though you meant how to see someone's getting addicted to alchohol or something, but this is a way far from the insanity level [crazy] !
Posts: 70 | From: Lyon. France | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 19, 2006 17:09      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At 24 cans a day, I'd hate to see his liver. [Frown]

--------------------

Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 17:23      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's so fun getting drunk? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] I mean, what is the point to make yourself feel dizzy and behave like a morron, then to lose control of your vehicle and die?!
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 17:44            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knows... Unfortunately it's very unusual to find anyone who doesn't get drunk (especially in Britain where we seem to have an epidemic of it these days). dragonman is one of them, although I figure that there are others here.

Is it not more fun to engage the human intellect in interaction, than engage other people to clean up after your mess and wake up hung over?

[Edit: After spending an evening with a Texan friend who was visiting London, I met a drunk telecoms engineer at the rail station and talked to him on the ride back (oddly, we were headed for the same station). While clearly drunk he was still with it and offered me some interesting advice about reporting error messages to users (make it something that they can report back!!). The thing was, because he was drunk he was scaring me -- clearly I have some fear that he'd act violently at random. I've never been assaulted by a drunk people, but real drunkards are the only people who will sit next to you on a bus and talk to you, and how I wish they'd get lost. Drunk people really make me very uneasy... Ugh.

Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:09      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Who knows... Unfortunately it's very unusual to find anyone who doesn't get drunk (especially in Britain where we seem to have an epidemic of it these days). dragonman is one of them, although I figure that there are others here.

Is it not more fun to engage the human intellect in interaction, than engage other people to clean up after your mess and wake up hung over?

[Edit: After spending an evening with a Texan friend who was visiting London, I met a drunk telecoms engineer at the rail station and talked to him on the ride back (oddly, we were headed for the same station). While clearly drunk he was still with it and offered me some interesting advice about reporting error messages to users (make it something that they can report back!!). The thing was, because he was drunk he was scaring me -- clearly I have some fear that he'd act violently at random. I've never been assaulted by a drunk people, but real drunkards are the only people who will sit next to you on a bus and talk to you, and how I wish they'd get lost. Drunk people really make me very uneasy... Ugh.

If dragonman is getting drunk he MUST get arrested before getting behind the steering wheel!
Come on! where is our resposibility to other people?! remember - when you get a drunk man off the road (not by an accident :-) ) you save lives, and by the way, yesterday, a dog almost bit me, but his owners came and took it (I couldn't crouch and check [crazy] ).

californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:12      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to clarify first: I am a very happy person in general.

Being drunk is fun, IMO, because you feel so relaxed and much happier than normal. The few things that stress me wash away, and I get to just be... free almost.

Plus I laugh more

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:15            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plcaga: no, dragonman doesn't get drunk. I think you misunderstood me.
Plcaga
Mini Geek
Member # 5119

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2006 18:59      Profile for Plcaga   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I just got confused by something you wrote (maybe the sentence in brackets),But believe me I'm not gonna get drunk.
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 7 posted May 19, 2006 19:13            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smiles*

I wish I heard that more often.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2006 04:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
If the guy's water was turned off, how did he shower? Flush his toilet?

Could explain how he used so much beer... [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2006 05:52      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Plcaga:
What's so fun getting drunk? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] I mean, what is the point to make yourself feel dizzy and behave like a morron, then to lose control of your vehicle and die?!

You're making an unfair assocation here.

I don't drink at all, but to imply that people who get drunk drive their vehicles is unfair.

Most people who get drunk do it very responsibly: they go out with some friends, have a good time, get pissed drunk, take a cab home, and sleep it off.

There's very few who drive their cars, lose control, and die, and I'd hazard to say they deserve it -- just don't take anyone else out with your stupidity.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2006 06:40      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by Plcaga:

You're making an unfair assocation here.

I don't drink at all, but to imply that people who get drunk drive their vehicles is unfair.

Most people who get drunk do it very responsibly: they go out with some friends, have a good time, get pissed drunk, take a cab home, and sleep it off.

There's very few who drive their cars, lose control, and die, and I'd hazard to say they deserve it -- just don't take anyone else out with your stupidity.

Yes this is a very fair point, I am not sure what the rate of drink drivers (that get caught) is over here in England? I am sure it would be a lot though, as I am always seeing peeps swaying from side to side braking at random, and just generally being arseholes...

But unfortuantly drunkennewfiemidget there are too many in there pissed up state that just dont give a damn about anybodys life including their own, which makes them even more dangerous!

I have been driving down a quiet backround and some drunk is driving on the wrong side of the road and is going way over the designated speed limit, I had to drive into the hedge otherwise there would have been a head on collision, and I would have come out much worse! [Mad]

I am sure it isnt like this all over England, but in the north where I live there are just a load of inbred farmers, high of meth or somthing, so driving is quiet dangerous!

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture