homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I am not a geek!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am not a geek!
Casspiaffe
Newbie Larva
Member # 4979

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted April 27, 2006 09:44      Profile for Casspiaffe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought to share...

I have a folder on my computer called "I_Am_NOT_A_Geek". It is filled with pics of people's work areas and spherical treehouses and instructions on how to watercool (or mineral oil cool-yeah!) overclocked CPU's.

So, I went over to a friend's house the other day. Resisted the temptation to order her to "Open the iris" when she asked who it was at the door...

I was doing the hard sell on why she needs to finish watching the first season of Stargate Atlantis so she can catch up on the second season before July. (Well, and so she knows who Ronan is...)

..and I got to thinking to myself "Self, you really need a folder called "I_AM_a_Geek."

...and it dawned on me. I DO have one. It is called c:\

My friend, bless her heart simply said, "Honey, it is OK, we love you anyway."

Cass

--------------------
WARNING: Three chopsticks is too many!

Posts: 8 | From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 14:35      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. That made me chuckle, Cassy. Of course, I'm horribly sleep-deprived. Gotta love working for a company with printing deadlines! [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 15:36      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Casspiaffe:

Mine is called /

[Cool]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 15:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
quote:
Originally posted by Casspiaffe:

Mine is called /

[Cool]

Mine is called 127.0.0.1. Add to that a few sizable bits of RFC1918 space. [Wink]

The Internet is my playground. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Casspiaffe
Newbie Larva
Member # 4979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2006 18:12      Profile for Casspiaffe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, there is no place like 127.0.0.1!!!

--------------------
WARNING: Three chopsticks is too many!

Posts: 8 | From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted April 27, 2006 20:15      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ 127.0.0.1 mine is 192.168.1.25; 192.168.1.11; 192.168.1.12; 192.168.1.111; 192.168.1.13; & finally 192.168.1.14

Ha HAA I=NERD>GEEK IF GEEK= "A sideshow performer at a circus that bites the head off of live poultry" & NERD="17yo SYS/NETADMIN" [evil] [devil wand] [Applause] [Geek]

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2006 17:51      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it have to be live poultry?

I ask because, while I have bitten the head off a rubber chicken, I'm pretty sure there is no chance of me ever doing the same to a real chicken (living or dead).

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 02:07      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Does it have to be live poultry?

I ask because, while I have bitten the head off a rubber chicken, I'm pretty sure there is no chance of me ever doing the same to a real chicken (living or dead).

What about a zombie chicken?

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2006 07:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan! wrote:
What about a zombie chicken?

That would be Mike.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2006 06:44      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was waiting for someone to bring up the headless chicken.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 07:00      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I heard that Mike died, I think he got choked.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture