homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Boston

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boston
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 14:24      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice that there are a few people from Eastern Mass on these boards. I know there has been a London meet-up for Geek Culture. WHat would people think of a boston meet-up sometime?
Posts: 184 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 14:36      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So long as we can meet at the Chart House and you're pickin' up the air fares, my horse and I are in favor of it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 15:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by schnurren:
I notice that there are a few people from Eastern Mass on these boards. I know there has been a London meet-up for Geek Culture. WHat would people think of a boston meet-up sometime?

Hey...I didn't realize you were still around these parts. Mind you, I was just up there last week. :-/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 18:08      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup, been back here over a year, but back on the forums since yesterday. I am excited that I remembered my password - and username for that matter.

And as I was reading posts, I noticed how many people were from around here, so I figured I would throw out the idea of having a Boston meet up. I will pay for my subway fare and food and drink, but there will be no airfares involved. : )

macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted April 15, 2006 23:22      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WB schnurren!!!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 12:40      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet, another Bostonian. I had no idea there were so many of us on this board.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 16:58      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there in September...

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
bandcampgirl183
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2006 11:57      Profile for bandcampgirl183   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live basically in Boston. I'd love to go to a meet-up... but isn't it kind of scary to see what people actually look like, and have people see you for real? I wouldn't want to start being called four-eyes or anything [Wink]

~rachel (aka rach9276)~

--------------------
Deep Thought: A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. 'Hear that?' you say, 'That's dynamite, baby.'

Posts: 2 | From: Mass, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 2 posted May 08, 2006 16:27      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still want to meet the other Bostonians, after seeing what we post around here? Now that's one scary thought...
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 08:45            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bandcampgirl183: See the photo gallery link at the top of the main forums page [Wink] What's there to be scared about? (Zorro excepted!) Although last I was aware, schnurren no longer looks like her photo.
IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 10:32      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
You still want to meet the other Bostonians, after seeing what we post around here? Now that's one scary thought...

Seriously, she must have a deathwish if she wants to meet up with you and I. [Big Grin]
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 11:33      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right - I'll scare her half to death with my downright evil and gruesome sence of humor, and you'll take care of the other half with one of those blunt trauma-inducing toys of yours [Big Grin]
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 13:28      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sheesh! You're not murderers, you're just geeks. It wouldn't kill me to hang out for an hour.

Uilleann! Good to see you back! What are you up to these days?

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 13:41      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
sheesh! You're not murderers, you're just geeks.

Sure, that's what you think now, but you've never seen what I do for fun...
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 14:11      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
sheesh! You're not murderers, you're just geeks.

Sure, that's what you think now, but you've never seen what I do for fun...
You kill bugs! I know you're a Perl person, like me, but is there any chance you can work your skills on PHP? Pretty please? I'm sick and tired of this crap. :-/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 14:29      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those goggles are absolutely hideous, Demos! Where'd you get 'em?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 12 posted May 09, 2006 14:33            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman97: I suppose we can't be putting spiders out of work can we now? [Smile]
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 17:08      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Those goggles are absolutely hideous, Demos! Where'd you get 'em?

There was an army-navy warehouse on Cape Cod for a long time that specialized in Soviet military gear. They were dirt cheap and protect my eyes from backsplash whilst riding my bike in the rain. (That is, when I'm not committing mass insecticide.)
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2006 16:16      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it looks like there are only four of us from Boston? I thought that there were more somehow.
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2006 16:25            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The forums are very quiet right now, maybe the other Bostonians are just not here right now?
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2006 18:23      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magefile and sosumi are also from around here, according to the frappr map.
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 19:29      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that Schurren mentioned Critical Mass in another thread, would anybody be interested in doing it this month? The scary people should be a little less scary on bikes, although I would imagine Demos is quite adept at u-lock decapitation [Smile]
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 20:11      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be in the Boston area during the school year starting this September, except I'll kinda be out in the suburbs.

EDIT: argh, stupid me forgot to scroll up to see that I had already posted such information [Frown]

P.S. Demos, those glasses are hot. I want a pair.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2006 22:45      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in Bedford the week of June 19th. I'll drive into town if anyone is interested in eating in someplace interesting. I think I'm free almost every night.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture