homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » NYC- again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NYC- again!
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 15:22      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As some of you lingering around IRC have noticed, I'll fly to NYC tomorrow!
In case you hear tomorrow that an Austrian Airlines Boeing 767 crashed, yep, that was me in there.

I'll take lots of pics again [Smile]

Laters everyone!

Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 16:03      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long will you be in NYC? Any plans to come to PA? [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 23:09      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
How long will you be in NYC? Any plans to come to PA? [Wink]

And why would anyone want to go there? [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 23:43      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the middle of waking up and packing stuff, so this answer is kinda brief.

Rhonie,
my flight back to Vienna is on Sunday, April 16. No plans to go to PA, unfortunately. Only NY [Frown]
Which is stll good. I'll try to get to PA someday, I swear..

Thomas

--------------------

quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 19:10      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you here on business or just a vacation?
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 19:34      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Visiting his sister and brother-in-law, IIRC. It's Easter holidays, I think.

--------------------

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 19:43      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not, I just discovered that the driving is actually worse in Philly than it is in NYC. I think it's due to all of the one way streets - make a single wrong turn, realize it immediately, and spend the next half hour correcting it.

Tangential, but I didn't want to start a pointless thread about how annoying driving around cities is [Smile]

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 04:42      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my stay is purely for pleasure to visit my sister and bro-in-law.
As a nice "side-dish", I get to meet the New Yorker GC'ers too and get to work on the Intrepid again!
Yes!!!

So, I'm here! Flight was nice, had a nice girl sitting next to me. I could sleep a few hours and the food was decent. But the seats were pretty narrow and legroom was designed for midgets.

Immigration was fast, since I walked to Immigration really fast and passed a lot of people in front of me. Keep in mind - every person you pass saves you at least 1 minute waiting in line.
So, I only had two people waiting for a free officer - which means I only waited like a minute to get through and pick up my luggage.

Heh. I like the USA. As soon as I left the building to walk across the street to get to the car, there was a woman walking past me..
DUUUUDEEEEEE! I have never seen bigger b00bz IRL. They where HUUUGGEE!
She had a camel-toe though, which wasn't that sexy, but her boobs were really big.. Those who know me know that when I say "HUUUGGEE!" it means something!

I love NY =)

Pics will be uploaded soon,!

Thomas

--------------------

angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 05:17      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
Believe it or not, I just discovered that the driving is actually worse in Philly than it is in NYC. I think it's due to all of the one way streets - make a single wrong turn, realize it immediately, and spend the next half hour correcting it.

Tangential, but I didn't want to start a pointless thread about how annoying driving around cities is [Smile]

I hear that. Every time I drive in Philly I get lost. But I don't drive in NYC. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 15:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wusses!! [Roll Eyes] Driving in Philly is easy!!

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 16:20      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Just follow the pot holes.....worst highways ever.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 17:51      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
threadjacks!

'Nuff said.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 18:32      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driving in NY is *fun!* Hearing Radiohead's "Electioneering" brings back memories of tearing up 6th and passing cabs. [Razz]

Driving in Brooklyn, OTOH, that's another story entirely. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 19:14      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

The ones near the bridge seemed pretty well-maintained. I din't venture too far away from the CBD, though. (That could be why I hate driving in there so much, too).
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2006 08:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

Drive in Sudbury, or Newfoundland and you'll be apologising to Philly in no time.

I've driven in Brooklyn.. scared the hell out of me -- I was lost. :S

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture