homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » The Apple Remote Control Fart Machine!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Apple Remote Control Fart Machine!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 29, 2006 19:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As seen on the GeekCulture home page... [Razz]

Just in time for April Fool's Day and Apple's 30th Anniversary, our pal RickMacMerc over at Macmerc.com has created a hilarious tutorial on how to build an Apple-styled remote control fart machine. Using off-the-shelf parts such as an AirPort Express Base Station, Macally PodWave Portable Stereo Speakers, and the ever-loving iTunes, Rick has put together the prankster's gadget "for the rest of us."

Fart Different! [thumbsup]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 19:52      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't need fake fart noises at our house. We have enough actual fart noises to keep us plenty contented. [Eek!]

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 20:19      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 42 years old and still find myself laughing to the point of tears at this thing. I just donít understand it.
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 06:41      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clever idea, but still, nothing beats the good old Whoopie Cushion (sp?).

--------------------
Phew, I finally registered on here.
Webmacster87.info (my blog)

Posts: 42 | From: SF Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 08:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. Reminds me of an joke I played on a collegue. I found this extention you could drop onto a Mac (OS 9ish) that would fart at random intervals with varying pitches and volumes. It was her first few weeks of work and she wasn't all that familiar with the Mac OS, she was fielding an Application support phone call as her machine kept farting loudly, then softly, short, then long......I was in fucking tears laughing and she was beyond embarrased. A few week later she got me with the old take-a-screenshot-of-the-the-desktop-then-hide-all-icons-and-replace-the-desktop-with-the-screenshot trick on my XP box....I actually fell for it [Mad]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
RickYaeger

SuperFan!
Member # 1512

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted March 30, 2006 11:42      Profile for RickYaeger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an oldie but a goodie.

I got a co-worker with a very simple gag. I took a Post-It and drew a happy face on it. Then I stuck it to the underside of his optical mouse.

When he came in to work that morning, his mouse wouldn't move his cursor. It would click, but wouldn't move the arrow.

So he restarted.
No good.

Ran various maintenance utilities.
Still no good.

Unplugged everything and plugged it all in again.
Mouse still busted.

Reinstalled the mouse software.
Mouse still wouldn't respond and he starting to get really frustrated.

Turns over the mouse and sees [Smile]

--------------------
==
One Question Interviews
JoT#534

Posts: 45 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 15:06      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one Rick. Also explains why I only use my laptop's trackpad. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Phew, I finally registered on here.
Webmacster87.info (my blog)

Posts: 42 | From: SF Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture