homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » a (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: a
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 08:03      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 08:07      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long.

Yesterday: move everything off the main floor of my house so carpet guys could come today and replace carpets, which they are in the midst of doing right now.

Today: put main floor back together.

Tomorrow: Job interview, and then phone meeting with a client at 7pm.

Wednesday: Meeting with business partner at 6:00pm.

Thursday: KW Perl mongers meeting.

Friday: Drive to Sudbury to see Amanda's grandparents.

FUN FUN FUN.

And that's all on top of my regular 9-5 job. :S

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 08:08      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming I drag my butt out of bed, Bikram Yoga in the mornings at 6am, Belly dancing class tonight at 7, and taking care of a 5 month old inbetween. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 10:28      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta hand in some walk cycles, some life drawings, some paper models (and some other stuff I can't remember) in this Friday.

Should be a busy week.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 10:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Work at 5pm every night this week except Wednesday. Wednesday I have a rehearsal at church with the cherubs' choir--I'm accompanying two songs they're singing on Sunday--then work at 7pm. Oh wait. I'm making up my hours on Friday: work at 2pm.

Plans during the day? None yet. Saturday morning I have to teach English for Upward Bound, so I'll have to write lesson plans this week sometime. On Sunday I see Jonathan again; he's attending church with me and staying for my youth group's chickenetti and salad fundraiser (usually it's soup and salad, but once a year they do chickenetti--yummmm!!).

Today before work I plan to attempt to figure out how to circumspectly conceal a few evidences of Jonathan's obvious passion for me... [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 10:38      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My company flew a man in from India, that I get to train to do my job. He's smart and nice and all, but I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't teach him everything. Or I should start applying a new filing system, where I like, hide important files in places, to be used as bargaining later, or not.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 10:49      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sudbury? There is nothing fun about Sudbury [Wink]

-

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kachup

SuperFan!
Member # 1755

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 11:02      Profile for Kachup   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finals week here at the university where I work as well, so the campus becomes quieter with each day, as less and less students take finals. The big stink this year was that, because we had Jan 2 off, the quarter started on Jan 3, a Tuesday. As a result, today (Monday the 13th) is actually the last full day of classes; finals start tomorrow, and go through Saturday. Not too many happy campers here. I can't wait until I can take some time off. It's been too long since the holidays already [shake head]

--------------------
-=: Kachup :=-

Posts: 8 | From: Dayton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 11:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finals week already? My sisters (who attend UPitt and Temple) were home this past week for Spring Break. They have a few more weeks of the semester yet.

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 11:20      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

Today before work I plan to attempt to figure out how to circumspectly conceal a few evidences of Jonathan's obvious passion for me... [Wink]

Don't be like Monica, wash the dress [evil]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 11:37      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You like playing with fire, don't you? [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 12:00      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Finals week already? My sisters (who attend UPitt and Temple) were home this past week for Spring Break. They have a few more weeks of the semester yet.

I think Kinguy is on the west coast quarter system. He starts and finishes later than people out east on the semester system.

That used to piss me off. I'd be taking my mid-terms right as people I knew at the UW were starting classes.

My boring ass week:
Today: Group meeting. Biophysics meeting. Go to aikido class and learn how to use my new wooden shortsword (some girls get flowers for their birthdays...I get weapons [Smile] ). Celebrate after class. Maybe I'll make a carrot cake.

Tuesday: Work. Electron microscopy class (this is actually more fun and interesting than I expected). Hopefuly aikido.

Wednesday: Work. Seminar. Hopefully aikido.

Thursday: See Tuesday.

Friday: See Thursday. Except instead of a lecture we're taking a mini-field trip to the EM core to play with one of the microscopes.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 13:24      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

haha. yeah, I s'pose I do. I was always the first one to get a fire started when we went camping. [Razz]

In all seriousness, though, this past weekend was an anomaly. We've already decided not to do any more necking for the next few months. It'll be fairly easy to do 'cause our next few dates at least will be around people (he's coming to my church next Sunday, then we're starting pre-engagement counseling, followed by dinner with my family on Monday before work, then church and dinner with his family the next weekend). Yeah, we'll start acting like rational adults again! [Big Grin]

Xanthine: I was actually responding to Kachup's comment; he lives in Ohio.

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 13:43      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

In all seriousness, though, this past weekend was an anomaly. We've already decided not to do any more necking for the next few months. It'll be fairly easy to do 'cause our next few dates at least will be around people (he's coming to my church next Sunday...)
...but what can be more satisfying than some good old church desecration by having a little fun on top of the high altar, if you know what I mean? [devil wand]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 13:52      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this week is my spring break, I am spending it at home... 150mi from my school.

Today: fart around, and Tae-Kwon-Do tonight.. (Grand Master Byrne and Doc. Talmadge)

Tuesday: visit Millard North to see if that is where I want to be for my senior year of high school, and Tae-Kwon-Do (Ms. Granthem)

Wednesday: Fart around and TKD (Ms. Joe)

Thursday: fart around and TKD (Ms. Mcgill)

Friday: Mess around

Saturday: Church and my grandparents house.

Oh, Well
[shake head]

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 13:58      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pre-engagement counselling? Oh dear.

Reminds me of Baseketball (great movie, btw.)

Remer: "What's that?"
Coop: "It is a commitment ring."
Remer: "What, for Jenna?"
Coop: "Ya, I'm letting her know that I'm ready to consider thinking about dating her exclusively."
Remer: "Well I'm giving Jenna a precommitment ring. its a promise to pledge that we'll think about getting engaged just as soon as we are ready to make a commitment."

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 14:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn: Actually, I was referring to your posting of such things here. [Razz]

And seriously...you two really ought to slow down a bit. You're still obviously in the 'head over heads' phase of your relationship - you're young...I don't see the rush.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 14:55      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rhonwyyn: Actually, I was referring to your posting of such things here. [Razz]

LOL. Yeah. I figured y'all would get a kick out it: Little Rhonnie's growing up and all that. [Wink]

quote:
And seriously...you two really ought to slow down a bit. You're still obviously in the 'head over heads' phase of your relationship - you're young...I don't see the rush.
I hear what you're saying, which is one of the reasons we're starting counseling. We're getting along so well right now that we want to make sure our bases are covered. Our counselors will ask us the hard questions, we're hoping, and if as a result of counseling it's obvious that we just disagree on too many things and don't have what it takes to make a long-term relationship work, then we'll go our separate ways. If, however, counseling reinforces that we're good together and have a good chance of making a marriage work, we'll reassess and take it from there. As good as things are going now, I don't want to find out in six months that I should've broken up with him yesterday, y'know?

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 14:58      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Counseling is always a very good idea. I made sure to get pre-marital counseling with Josh--as a matter of fact, our pastor wouldn't marry us if we didn't.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 15:02      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So true, Peebs. We're going to do pre-marital counseling, too, if our relationship progresses to that point. My parents are divorced; his aren't. I want to make sure what happened to my parents' marriage doesn't happen to mine.

--------------------

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 6 posted March 13, 2006 16:42      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I read "final week begins" I was almost expecting a prediction of the apocalypse [Wink]

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 13, 2006 16:45      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zorro!

/me gives ZorroTheFox a big hug

I've missed you, where have you been?

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 17:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude!

--------------------

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 17:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
...but what can be more satisfying than some good old church desecration by having a little fun on top of the high altar, if you know what I mean? [devil wand]

It's not desecration if you are calling out to the Lord while you do it. Then it's a religious experience.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 17:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

It's not desecration if you are calling out to the Lord while you do it. Then it's a religious experience.
Might that be speaking in tongues?

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture