homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Entirely too many smileys (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Entirely too many smileys
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 18:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So..

She loves gardening and tacky pink things, but doesn't really like flowers. She also loves her cat, Spike, but that's not all that relevant.

I sent her one of these for Valentine's day and had a message included with it saying it was from a secret admirer.

I got home from work and logged on to check my email and she was online and waiting, apparently. The ensuing chat was amusing (to me at least), although there are far too many smileys and I'm sure at least some of you will want to throw up on me after reading it.

<chat>
Her: Was it you?

Me: Hello chum

Her: Yeah yeah yeah answer the question
Her: :)

Me: I confess, I killed cock robin. I did it with my bow and arrow :)

Her: Are you responsible for the bright pink bird?

Me: How many people would be thoughtful enough to come up with something tacky and pink for valentine's day which also manages to cater to a hobby you love?

Her: Thank you

Me: Happy valentine's day, hon

Her: It's very cute. I couldn't imagine who sent it lol
Her: But I thought of you due to the nature of the bird

Me: It's a pink flamingo
Me: Who else would?

Her: Well I was a little freaked out. I didn't know lol
Her: But it's dreamy. I'm going to put it in my living room

Me: I thought it would be a nice surprise for you

Her: It was :)
Her: Thank you :) I love my new bird. I will call him Arturo

Me: Any particular reason for naming it Arturo?

Her: It suits him well. :)

Me: Okay :)

Her: And we need a little latino flair around here, Especially with Spike taking up salsa.

Me: Hehe... I didn't know he had

Her: :) yay for Arturo! And surprise v-day goodness
</chat>

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 18:34      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, fun, tacky and sweet all at the same time. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 20:17      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah-dorable. [Smile]
Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 20:23      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that's tame compared to the messages Jonathan and I have been leaving on each other's voice mail today. [blush]

But yes, very sweet, Steen! And that flamingo watering can is just too hysterical!!! [Applause]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 20:32      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Oh, that's tame compared to the messages Jonathan and I have been leaving on each other's voice mail today. [blush]

I didn't know you were the type for _those_ sort of voice mails [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 20:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy. Should've realized someone would totally misconstrue!!! Crazy people... [Razz]

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 20:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not too shabby, man.

And as a spectator, I'd probably call it far preferable to my evening.

I went out for coffee...and first sat down at a table which was soon besides two giddy teens. After the 'close your eyes,' followed by a present or 3, I decided to find a better place to sit. I found a better spot, though the folks to the side of me were quite possible both in love, *and* apparently premed students busy studying. The girl had a fscking *huge* med. book. They left, and the people who subsequently came over chose not to see across from each other, but rather to share the chair. I paid no attention, and just kept plodding away at today's NYT crossword...so I was completely distracted. Finally, one of the staff members came over (who gave me free espresso!!!) and told them "Folks, you need to get a little less serious." (or something to that effect.) When I looked to the right, she was in fact sat on his lap, and kissing him quite seriously. Before leaving, I stopped by the main counter, and made some small talk about it, and she said something to the effect of "What, you mean like that girl shoving her tongue down his throat might not be appropriate in public?!" I think it's possible she's more jaded than I. [Wink] That, and she doesn't want complaints about the place while it's under her watch. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 20:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Amusing sick jokes aside...

You know you could do something totally novel, right? You could talk to each other...in real time! [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 21:16      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Not too shabby, man.

Oh, that reminds me, I found the hottest Perl programmer in the world for you. Slight problem is that she's in another country, and taken, but hey, it's the thought that counts...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 21:20      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, das ist sehr scary
 -

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 21:22      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Not too shabby, man.

Oh, that reminds me, I found the hottest Perl programmer in the world for you. Slight problem is that she's in another country, and taken, but hey, it's the thought that counts...
Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all...but she's alright, I'd say. Sounds like she's probably a rather good Perl monger, though. *That* is hot. [Wink] Next time I pass through, I suppose I ought to check on that status. [Razz]

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 21:27      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
Dude, das ist sehr scary

You obviously haven't seen her angle grinding pics, if you think that's bad [Wink]

I think I've developed a dreadlock fetish though..

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 21:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Dude, das ist sehr scary

You obviously haven't seen her angle grinding pics, if you think that's bad [Wink]

Egads.

Angle grinding pics? Pardon me if I misread that to sound like something involving power tools. [Wink]

Thank you all the same, but I think I'll stay away from this girl. [Smile]

/me goes off into the night, with iTunes playing some Life After Darla.

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 21:55      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Amusing sick jokes aside...

You know you could do something totally novel, right? You could talk to each other...in real time! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Yeah, we're going to talk tonight when I get off work. Our schedules overlapped today—tonight we'll finally be at our respective homes at the same time.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 22:25      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dude, das ist sehr scary

Egads.

Angle grinding pics? Pardon me if I misread that to sound like something involving power tools. [Wink]

Actually, it does involve power tools, now you ask. See this is what I'm talking about. She certainly sparked a flame in my heart [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 03:29      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice the musical work featured among her band Ultraviolence's audio samples includes the sing along ditty "Die alone screaming". Do you think she might be playing hard to get csk?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 03:37      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I notice her musical work featured among Ultraviolence's audio samples includes "Die alone screaming". Do you think she might be playing hard to get csk?

Maybe. Hmm, probably make a good addition to the Anti Valentine's playlist in any case (wow, almost back on topic, sorta).

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 14:49      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*taking notes.
sparks, dreads, perl.
Got it! [Geek]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 16:21      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparks and perl are good, but for the love of your favorite deity, no more dreads!
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 16:21      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
*taking notes.
sparks, dreads, perl.
Got it! [Geek]

Well, personally I prefer python to perl, but a man can't be too picky these days [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 12:04      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There's more than one way to do it."
--Perl slogan

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 12:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perl makes easy things easy, and hard things possible.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 12:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
*taking notes.
sparks, dreads, perl.
Got it! [Geek]

Well, personally I prefer python to perl, but a man can't be too picky these days [Wink]
... not that there's anything wrong with that !

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 13:03      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

...and everything unreadable. [Razz]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2006 13:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:

...and everything unreadable. [Razz]
That is only a result of sloppiness.

Or a JAPH. [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture