homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » rargh!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rargh!!!
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 14:40      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I broke my hand at local taekwondo tournament this weekend. Just got it casted. Unfortunately, They had to set the finger connected to the bone i;d broken (the fifth metacarpal of my right hand). The doc put a lydacaine needle right into the joint, in an effort to numb my hand prior to setting the finger. Unfortunately, pain killers don't really have an effect on me (getting drilled at the dentists office is always loads of fun) so when he twisted out my finger I felt the whole thing. It was all I could do to keep smiling and making idle chat.

anyways, I have this cast on my right hand for a month. Graciously pardon any gross spelling errors on my part until then. i'm not even going to make an effort to type with that hand, so i plan on completely omitting capitalization from my posts. i've already set my mouse to lefty mode, do we'll see how i get along.

you know what the kicker is? i didn't even win the match i broke my hand in.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 14:46      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, ouch!!! You're very brave to be typing all that one-handed!

Hmm... this means we'll have a little peace and quiet around here for once, aye? [Wink] [Razz]

Hope you heal quickly!!!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 15:18      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! [Geek]

Get well soon! You should be very careful from now on. My brother had a similar problem with his right shoulder last year. When his shoulder started dislocating almost every week, he had to undergo an operation.

/*
Note to myself: Don't remove the accesibility panel next time, you may need it someday.. We are futile and fragile after all..
*/

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 15:56      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh bleah.

There's a reason why they teach you to block with your forearm and not your finger. [Wink]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2006 15:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky for you that you have plenty of practice typing with one hand.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 07:18      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, a masturbation joke!
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2006 07:24      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
Hey, a masturbation joke!

Thanks, captain obvious. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture