homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I went to my first Game Con yesterday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I went to my first Game Con yesterday
The-Tech
Geek
Member # 2506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 07:09      Profile for The-Tech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met up with some old RPG buddies in New Jersey to play "The Complete Mafia" at UberCon. The author GM'd the game which was a treat. Next year I think I'll get a hotel room and stay over night to maximize the gameing.

--------------------
God not only plays dice with the universe,
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen
--- Stephen Hawking

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject -- Winston Churchill

Posts: 128 | From: Third Stone from the Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 09:13      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a shame that even though you went there you still can't spell "Über."

:-P

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

The-Tech
Geek
Member # 2506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 09:38      Profile for The-Tech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
It's a shame that even though you went there you still can't spell "Über."

:-P

They couldn't either
Ubercon Web Site
[Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
God not only plays dice with the universe,
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen
--- Stephen Hawking

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject -- Winston Churchill

Posts: 128 | From: Third Stone from the Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 16:09      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proper names should always be spelled the way they're given regardless of whether that you consider the spelling correct.
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 20:14      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm looks like there was a lot of Living Greyhawk going on.

Well personally I get to about 5-6 cons a year. This year I am hoping to get across to Gen Con Indy again.

Otherwise just come back from CONception (one of the best cons in the UK) and will be off to Battlemasters at the end of April.

(Too lazy to add all the links).

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture