homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » The Downside Of Doing Extra Homework

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Downside Of Doing Extra Homework
IScareWittyCommentsAway
Geek Larva
Member # 4878

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted February 04, 2006 15:51      Profile for IScareWittyCommentsAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go to an online, so I can do my work pretty much when ever I want. As long as I do five hours of schooling a day. Last night or rather early this morning I couldn't sleep. Ok so I didn't want to sleep...same thing! lol. So I stayed up and did some extra biology work. (My favorite class!) I stayed up till about 8am...and then went to sleep. I was supposed to call my friend that I wouldn't be able to go bowling later today...I slept through my alarm. I slept till 4pm. I pretty much feel like to worst friend on the planet right now.

The point of this story...don't stay up late!

(But I most likley still will! lol)

--------------------
"Wake up kids, we've got the dreamers disease" -New Radicals from the song "you get what you give"

Posts: 20 | From: East Coast | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2006 17:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cut back at the caffeine. [Smile]

These days I can't stay up much past 0100 if I intend to be fully functional the next day for work. :-/ It's been years since I've been up until/past 4 AM. I think over some recent holiday, I was up 'til 3, and that's about it.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
IScareWittyCommentsAway
Geek Larva
Member # 4878

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2006 18:17      Profile for IScareWittyCommentsAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Hehehe. I don't drink caffeine. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Wake up kids, we've got the dreamers disease" -New Radicals from the song "you get what you give"

MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2006 21:26      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do the online thing too.

Three classes till I graduate (a whole year early WTF!? [Eek!] ).

All of which I could finish in about four hours each. :-p

I just put it off because...well... I'm unmotivated like the rest of this damn country! [devil wand]

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2006 21:42      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's been years since I've been up until/past 4 AM. I think over some recent holiday, I was up 'til 3, and that's about it.

Some people are owls and some are larks... I've never been able to stay up late, it does funny things to my head. About two weeks ago I tried an all-nighter to finish a paper that was due a few days later. It messed me up the next day and got the whole paper off track. I only just finished that paper a half hour ago.

Geez, it feels great to be done, though.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
IScareWittyCommentsAway
Geek Larva
Member # 4878

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 00:35      Profile for IScareWittyCommentsAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MandysRad:

I just put it off because...well... I'm unmotivated like the rest of this damn country! [devil wand]

Hey I'm in ohio too! lol do you "go" to ohdela?
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 06:38      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sleeping patterns seem to have been all messed up since I started going to college. I quite often go to sleep at 1800 and wake up at 0400, and then do a few hours' work before I have to go in in the morning.

And, after a week or two, I don't seem to be feeling any ill effects. It seems that the body just gets used tozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..fff ;lkkkkk

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 19:23      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IScareWittyCommentsAway:
quote:

Yes, yes... Oh OHDELA... Where to begin?

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 09:22      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"OHHHHH, We dont give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, we dont give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio...."

*theme song from Ohio State University*
(and no I dont go there, I just have relatives in OH, and went there)
(if you want a copy, PM, email or IM me)

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
IScareWittyCommentsAway
Geek Larva
Member # 4878

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 21:27      Profile for IScareWittyCommentsAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, yes... Oh OHDELA... Where to begin?
omg! lol. hehe that's awesome! [Big Grin]

--------------------

ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 05:54      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Hehehe. I don't drink caffeine. [Big Grin]
Then cut back on the blow. :-P

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture