homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » *Thank you Steen!!!*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *Thank you Steen!!!*
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 23:19      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen bought me The Healthy College Cookbook for my birthday, off of my Amazon.com Wish List.

I have a recipe I found in it that I simply MUST share. It's soooooo awesome.

Flamin' Poultry

• 2 teaspoons (10 ml) butter (or margarine)
  • 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (but you could use any chicken cut into bite size pieaces)

1. In a skillit, warm the butter over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and mix.

2. Add the chicken, stir to coat, and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.

3. There is no step three!! </Jeff Goldblum>

I like to use this chicken to make firy Quesadillas! Although credit for that goes to Stephanie. [Smile]

Bon appetite! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 00:23      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a nice quick'n'easy way to burn your mouth out.

I will have to try it.

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 01:17      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
[*]1/4 cup (60 ml) hot sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)

Frank's is decently flavorful sauce, though it hasn't got enough kick to it for my liking...I'll sautee some chicken in it to throw into tortilla soup, because it's bland enough to not tamper with the soup's flavor. In my house, though, if tears aren't running down your face, it's not hot enough.

If you can get ahold of some raw, unprocessed habanero extract and do it that way, the flavor and ferocity of habanero settles quite well into chicken, turkey, or pork, especially in a crockpot.

Or you could always do it the lazy way and spray your food down with Mace. [Big Grin]

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 17:05      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
Or you could always do it the lazy way and spray your food down with Mace. [Big Grin]

Mmmmmmmm... incapacitating.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 19:48      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
[*]1/4 cup (60 ml) hot sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)

In my house, though, if tears aren't running down your face, it's not hot enough.
In that case, you really need to try this stuff.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 19:59      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you could just be silly and use this stuff

I prefer a bit less heat and more actual flavor myself.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the cookbook MacManKrisK and the recipe does sound tasty. I might have to try a variation of it.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 09:46      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While those last two look interesting, I think I'll stick with hot sauces that don't cost a few hundred dollars a vial. [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 09:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A guy I worked with once paid me $20 to drink a teaspoon of some particular hot sauce he brought in.

... that's the hardest I've ever worked for $20 in my entire life. :S

I like my food to have a nice little kick, but not be stupidly hot so that I can't taste it anymore -- I fail to see the point.

If it's got a nice little kick with some good flavour, I'm set.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture