homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » my life is hell (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: my life is hell
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 22:16      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:

Lay off the poor kid newf. Can't you remember back to when you were a teenager, finding this stuff out for the first time?

Alright, let's get this straight. I myself am a teenager, 14 to be exact. Despite most beliefs not all teenagers are incapable of telling love from lust. Most teenagers are too lazy to standt still for half a minute and honestly think about what's going on and that the hormones are gonna eat you up and spit you out. Most teenage guys want sex, nothing but it, without regard to hurting girls or the consequences of your condom working out like the built in Microsoft Firewall."But doing that will ruin all the fun of being a teenager, girls will think you're a loser" All that bullshit, is well, bullshit. I am the perfect example of how having commen sense and some intelligence DOES NOT RUIN YOUR LOVE LIFE and how breakups ARN'T THE END OF THE WORLD. Jesus tap dancing Christ I get sick of hearing these kids whine about stupid stuff. Ok I better stop before my rant becomes to much of a, well, rant.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 01:24      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Again, I say if this kind of teenage nonsense is giving you an ulcer, the real world is going to FUCK YOU UP.

I've heard worse. I once managed to maintain a straight face during a get together at my sister's house when one of her friends was complaining to me about the stress migraines she suffers as a result of the goings on in a Vampire: The Masquerade game.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 01:25      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
breakups ARN'T THE END OF THE WORLD.

They're only the end of the world if you make 'em the end of the world...in which case, you were probably basing a your life around 'em and the breakup was probably good for you in the long run, anyway.

I myself like to take breakups as a new beginning: I get to joke about all the obnoxious and stupid things about the ex that I was too nice to say anything about before. [Razz]

Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 03:57      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
breakups ARN'T THE END OF THE WORLD.

They're only the end of the world if you make 'em the end of the world...in which case, you were probably basing a your life around 'em and the breakup was probably good for you in the long run, anyway.

I myself like to take breakups as a new beginning: I get to joke about all the obnoxious and stupid things about the ex that I was too nice to say anything about before. [Razz]

Yeah, and they are doing the same...and the truth always becomes twisted and exaggerated..."No! my penis is not 2 inches and dyed pink! Who said that?"

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 11:34      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Temporary penis dye jobs. There's a concept that's just waiting to be inflicted on the world,

It gives a whole new (and horrifying) meaning to the phrase "tie dyed"

So, does anyone know if there are other temporary skin dyes other than henna?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 12:57      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beetroot, but be careful where the vinegar goes [blush]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 13:00      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Food coloring.

Maybe you can just stick with colored condoms.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 14:23      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you only think you have troubles now

go back and do a search of all the threads i have started and you'll see you aint got shit to being worrying about

in the game of who's life sucks nore, i win
yay?

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 14:24      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, and i haven't even posted anything about my personal life at all

that'd be another whole forum all by itself

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 21:40      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is hell, eh?

/me feels like bitching and moaning a little...

Mother Nature's been treating NY like a rag doll t, these past few days. On Sunday, I had no power from 0200 - 1200. Not only did this keep me from having heat, water, or proper plumbing, but it killed my phenomenally good uptime. (Truly the least of my concerns...but my server /had/ been up since 4 July 2004.)

I'm dealing with major power failure at work, in which we're running on reduced power, since 0857 on Wed...and it's not back yet. Suffice it to say, it's not fun, and it's wreaking a small bit of havoc for some of us.

This wind has got to stop - think of the trees!!!
(Talk about strong wind...I was coming inside, and the wind threw the door wide open...and came in with such gusto that it was starting to lift the ceiling tiles in the corridor [at work.])

n.b. I don't expect anyone to care about any of this, but somehow I thought I'd post it anyway. The thread is titled 'my life is hell,' after all, and even though my life is really alright, I think it's sucking a good bit more than the thread creator's life. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 21:46      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard on the news tonight that at least two people have been killed when wind blew trees onto their cars. This wind is definitely not something to trivialize!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 22:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I forgot to complain about my commute this morning (but I knew to take the back roads, so it wasn't /really/ bad). Today was much worse for many other people, though:
http://news.google.com/news?q=tappan%20zee%20bridge%20wind%20tractor%20trailer

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 22:38      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've seen so many of those on my way home from work today [Smile]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2006 05:29      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
(Talk about strong wind...I was coming inside, and the wind threw the door wide open...and came in with such gusto that it was starting to lift the ceiling tiles in the corridor [at work.])

<Channel who="-ct-">
Dude, if the wind didn't blow the door off it's hinges and through your car window I don't want to hear it [Wink]
</Channel>

No power problems for me, thankfully, but the wind has been pretty wicked the last few nights.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2006 07:10      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

<Channel who="-ct-">
Dude, if the wind didn't blow the door off it's hinges and through your car window I don't want to hear it [Wink]
</Channel>

No power problems for me, thankfully, but the wind has been pretty wicked the last few nights.

wow, that's scary how close you are
lol

< in hurricane alley

--------------------

cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 05:11      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ, what did they do to this forum?! people have strated talking about their feelings and junk?? What is the meaning of this?? We are the geek master race, we joke, we know our computers- look if you want to rave about your feelings dear, find another forum-
christ go for a couple of weeks and the whole place goes to hell...

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 13:25      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl:
Christ, what did they do to this forum?! people have strated talking about their feelings and junk?? What is the meaning of this?? We are the geek master race, we joke, we know our computers- look if you want to rave about your feelings dear, find another forum-
christ go for a couple of weeks and the whole place goes to hell...

Who are you? I definitely don't recognize the handle, but it looks like you only signed up here about two months ago.

Anyway, I'm all for emotional stoicism myself, but if you don't want to hear about anybody's personal lives, maybe it's best you moved on.

The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted January 26, 2006 15:27      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is funny. I myself am in a relationship that I probably shouldn't be in... (she wanted it and I wasn't rational enough to say no [09:30] but I am defeinately (so shot me for ym por grmr [devil wand] ) going to talk to her about a few things) but really EVERYONES LIFE sux... if you reely feel down call 308-647-5151 and ask for information. (my school)

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 16:04      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
flubbidy dob, dib flob, flobbidy dooo!! Weeeed.

[Big Grin]
(Courtesy of Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men - 1960s "Watch with Mother" and revived recently on BBC kiddy TV)

OK?

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted January 26, 2006 19:02      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah what do you know about hell?

When you have spent the better part of your last week watching your entire existance being ripped away.

Hell is my life. And hell is where certain people are going. [Mad]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 19:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you and your wife were reconciling, Shroom? In any case, I'm really sorry that this past week was so awful. I hope next week will be better!

Keep your stick on the ice... I'm pulling for you,

~Rhonnie

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 19:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Bah what do you know about hell?

When you have spent the better part of your last week watching your entire existance being ripped away.

Hell is my life. And hell is where certain people are going. [Mad]

Crap, shroomy, that sounds bad. I've been wondering how things have been going for you, and was hoping better than that [Frown] Hope things get better for you soon...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted January 27, 2006 13:39      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering how you were doing yesterday. Sorry to hear things are going badly lately.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2006 14:15      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shroom, think of it this way: It could be worse, you could be living in Jeffersonville. [Wink]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2006 09:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, Commander!

I am sorry to learn of your troubles. I'd like to encourage you not to give up, though. Things are often "darkest just before dawn", etc. I know, I know - it may all sound trite just at the moment. Yet there is much truth in the old adages.

May your spirit be buoyed up to keep up the good fight! [thumbsup]

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture