homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Just curious (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Just curious
Dr Watson
Mini Geek
Member # 4307

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 13:41      Profile for Dr Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My preferred activity of that class is backpacking. Although it's not really transportation, it's enjoyable outdoor fun for me. (It's slow paced, I prefer seeing quality of my surroundings to quantity of things I see.) I do it often actually. But I prefer to do only 1 or 2 trips in the winter months, so... how about some DDR!? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 15:14      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Watson:
Should I ride my bike because it's the "in thing to do?" that would be a little hypocritical IMHO.

Biking in a large city or traffic in general hones your reflexes, makes you unafraid of risks.
Better yet, get a mountain bike and ride some technical trails if you're looking for thrills and risk factor. That way, you'll have no one but yourself to blame if you somehow manage to split your head wide-open. Riding on busy streets is fun, but I like to be in control and not have to constantly worry about some drunken cager running me down.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 17:48      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you can take up climbing.

Riding in traffic isn't anywhere near as thrilling as fleeing a thunderstorm. I will, however, concede that the traffic is more enjoyable.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
merr
Geek
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2006 00:39      Profile for merr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would describe myself as an intermediate DDR player, but I can school some fools on Guitar Hero. [Razz]

With that said, I swear to never put "school some fools" in any of my posts ever again.

--------------------
"I wish they made a vending machine that sold vending machines... it would have to be real f*cking big!" -Mitch Hedberg

Posts: 179 | From: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 02:42      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo I loved DDR! [Big Grin]

Unfortunately it faded rather quickly a few years ago and since my mat broke I was never able to find a replacement.

I should see to get the computer version! (I had to PS version)

I loved DDR, its good fun and the challenege of beating stages and stuff is pretty good fun. Plus you can do it in the comfort of your own home! [crazy]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 06:17      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by merr:

With that said, I swear to never put "school some fools" in any of my posts ever again.

That would be appreciated.
Posts: 4894 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 08:55      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SilverBlade:
Ooo I loved DDR! [Big Grin]

Unfortunately it faded rather quickly a few years ago and since my mat broke I was never able to find a replacement.

I should see to get the computer version! (I had to PS version)

I loved DDR, its good fun and the challenege of beating stages and stuff is pretty good fun. Plus you can do it in the comfort of your own home! [crazy]

You could always Build Your Own

(OT: whereTF is Tut?!)

Posts: 2330 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 10:46      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:

Probably too busy skiing somewhere...
[ohwell]

Posts: 5830 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 11:45      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:

Probably too busy skiing somewhere...
[ohwell]

He has a girlfriend now.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9220 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.