homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » New Year's Resolutions (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 13:49      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, someone had to kick this one off sooner or later - so here goes....only one New Year's Resolution for me this time...I'm not going to drink anymore.

Mind you, I'm not going to drink any less either [Big Grin]

Dontcha just love the old ones? [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 14:39      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only going to make one resolution this year. I figure that way I might have a chance at keeping it. I am going to walk for one hour 6 days a week.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 14:53      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My resolution is to screw 2006 completely up on the biggest level that I can.

And to finally beat Solitaire.

The latter is the most important, of course.

(no, I've never beaten Solitaire)

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 14:54      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Eat less junk food.
2. Have more sex.
3. Be nicer to people.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 15:37      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh... I can help you with one of those.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 15:55      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD I BEAT SOLITAIRE!!!

Ok, new new years resolution. Get a life.

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 16:36      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:

You are going to be really obnoxious so I can build up resistance to it and practice being nice?

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 18:41      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will not bring anyone back from the dead.

I think I can keep that one.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 19:03      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My New Year's resolution is to wind up owning less stuff. I want to get rid of about 75% of what I own and not replace it (and not just dump it into a landfill either).
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 19:18      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:

You are going to be really obnoxious so I can build up resistance to it and practice being nice?
Absolutely. What else could I have meant? I thought that was a given.

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 19:28      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
My New Year's resolution is to wind up owning less stuff. I want to get rid of about 75% of what I own and not replace it (and not just dump it into a landfill either).

If you're planning on getting rid of any books let me know, would ya? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 20:14      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:

http://www.freecycle.org/

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 21:17      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Take the CFA Level I exam
2. Find a new job that pays better than my current one, and is a bit more interesting - fund accounting is easy money, but it's about as exciting as an average brick.
3. Let's not forget a lame fitness goal - ride at least 100 miles per week on my bike once the weather gets warmer (elitist roadies, keep in mind it's a lazy bastard riding a heavy-ass mountain bike before you start telling me you do more than that in a single day)

That's all for now. Nothing else to see here folks, move along...

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 21:19      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is to not break my New Year's resolution

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 23:32      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will finish one of the software projects I start.

And I will get laid. Preferably more than once, and while not intoxicated.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 01:58      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will breathe.
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:14      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
  • I will get a mac.
  • I will lose some weight, about 20lbs.
  • I will consume less Caffeine. I swear!

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 06:25      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
I will not bring anyone back from the dead.

I think I can keep that one.

Yeah, you say that now. But what about when the job offer with the big bucks rolls in from Raccoon City?

--------------------

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 08:54      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't make New Year's resolutions.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted January 01, 2006 20:37      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
1. Take the CFA Level I exam
2. Find a new job that pays better than my current one, and is a bit more interesting - fund accounting is easy money, but it's about as exciting as an average brick.
3. Let's not forget a lame fitness goal - ride at least 100 miles per week on my bike once the weather gets warmer (elitist roadies, keep in mind it's a lazy bastard riding a heavy-ass mountain bike before you start telling me you do more than that in a single day)

That's all for now. Nothing else to see here folks, move along...

CFA thats not Corning Free Academy is it?
mine are:
1. to get my own website with at least 2o made by me flashanimations.
2.beat chrono cross.
3.come in at least 10th place in a go tournament.
and a fitness one
4. beat a really hard song on ddr, go figure.^_^

Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 20:55      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CFA
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 21:51      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe no one has pulled out the old 1024 x 768 joke!

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 22:04      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

But 1024x768 is so 1999 [Razz]
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2006 06:29      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Work for myself full-time by the time 2006 is out.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2006 10:53      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

But 1024x768 is so 1999 [Razz]
Yeah, I'm up to 1920 x 1200 as my standard [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture