homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What are you gonna do with your extra second?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you gonna do with your extra second?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted December 26, 2005 09:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revellers will have to wait an extra second to ring in the new year because a “leap second” is being added to the last minute of the last hour of 2005.

Full Story

I'm going to blink. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 09:36      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were still married to my ex-husband he would probably want to use that second to have sex. I wonder what I would use the leftover 1/2 second for? [evil]
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 11:41      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm gonna hold my breath

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 11:53      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll drrrrink like a rrrrusian
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 13:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll spend it trying to get used to the time change, no doubt. Adjusting the clocks always has that effect on me [Wink]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 14:13      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fully expect to spend it sleeping [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 16:27      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll figure it out when I get there.

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 22:12      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be high as hell probably, so I won't notice.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 22:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:

I always thought hell was supposed to be pretty damned low, though. [Wink] [evil]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2005 22:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, the leap second is at midnight GMT, which is 11am 1/1/2006 here, so I'll probably spend it swearing "never again".

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2005 00:59      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll just have to wait for an extra second to be rich, or I'll most likely be spending it by tearing the lottery ticket apart. [weep]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2005 01:24      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

I always thought hell was supposed to be pretty damned low, though. [Wink] [evil]
Depends on which way you turn the table. [Razz]

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2005 04:56      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to build a matchstick model of the leaning tower of Pisa.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2005 08:10      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'll probably be high as hell too, so I'll really notice it, it'll be the longest second ever. [Razz]
Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2005 21:53      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will gaze in awe at my plaster penguin.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 07:21      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regretting that I wasted the one that went before.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 08:52      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

I'll drink like an Irishman. [Big Grin] Slainte!
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 09:12      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

I'll drink like an Irishman. [Big Grin] Slainte!
That's lame, why not drink like a viking instead? A bottle of akvavit and a good bite of lutefisk sure as hell beats a pint of guiness [Razz]
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 13:32      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's lame, why not drink like a viking instead? A bottle of akvavit and a good bite of lutefisk sure as hell beats a pint of guiness [Razz]

Dude. John Powers whiskey. Bailey's. Guiness. Irish car bombs, motherfucker! It's nothing but speeches and fistfights from there.
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 16:50      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

Dude. John Powers whiskey. Bailey's. Guiness. Irish car bombs, motherfucker! It's nothing but speeches and fistfights from there.
Wake up feelin' green
coffee and Irish cream
O.j. and jim beam..
'cause that's how drunks drink

[Smile]

ArcticBlue
Mini Geek
Member # 4034

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 20:17      Profile for ArcticBlue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a sip of my champagne.
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:06      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think i'll make love to my cat.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture