homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Who are you most like in Firefly?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who are you most like in Firefly?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 29, 2005 11:39      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ramping up for the release of Serenity? ... do the quiz!

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=7110

I am Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
Also known as "Captain Tight Pants". Simply put, you are a Browncoat-turned-pirate, but with a conscience. You are a leader of men and women, but you tend to fall for whores. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 11:58      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I scored as Simon, which doesn't surprise me, but I'm not really pompous; I am more humble. I think I can act a little less stupid around women, but then again, he is kind of playing the typical role of a smart guy with no time for a life because of his job (well, I can almost fall into that category).
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 14:38      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Shepherd Book

Meria Book: Shepherd with a mysterious past.

Alliance Forces lick your boots when you show them your Ident Card.

You have the power to unleash your hair and frighten young girls.

And for a man of the cloth, you are awful d**ned good in a fight.

I scored pretty close to Simon too.

Now if I only knew who these people are.... [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 14:53      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What was that you were saying about "multiple personalities", Rhon? [Wink]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 15:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You scored as Inara, the "Companion".  -

Inara Serra: WHORE. Sure, sure, you are elegant, highly educated and arguably beautiful. And you are highly selective about your clientele, blah-blah-blah. BOTTOM LINE: You have sex for money, and that makes you a whore. WHORE.

Inara, the "Companion" 81%
Simon, the Doctor 75%
First Mate Zoe 69%
Wash, the Pilot 50%
Captain Malcolm Reynolds 50%
Kaylee, the Mechanic 50%
Jayne Cobb, resident bad-ass 38%
RiVER 25%
Shepherd Book 19%

Sadly, it said I scored as Inarra, not 'with' [Frown]
/me was half-expecting to be a 'Wash'.

So, who's going to come out as 'River' ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2005 15:13      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You doin' anything tonight, babe? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 04:16      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm another Captain Reynolds, but pretty close to being Simon.

Shiny [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 05:15      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You scored as First Mate Zoe. Zoe Warren: former Independent and a real "xiong ci sha shou".
You are torn between two men in your life.

I tied between Zoe and Captain No-pants, so there was a tiebreaker question of which I preferred: to be a stealthy killer or to be a leader of men and women.

I expected to get Wash like TFD, but there you go. [Smile]

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 05:26      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RiVER 63%
Kaylee, the Mechanic 56%
Inara, the "Companion" 50%
Jayne Cobb, resident bad-ass 44%
Captain Malcolm Reynolds 38%
First Mate Zoe 38%
Simon, the Doctor 38%
Shepherd Book 31%
Wash, the Pilot 13%

I haven't seen Firefly or Serenity yet, so I have no idea who these people are yet. But I do plan to watch the Firefly episodes... pretty soon....

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 07:06      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL... I scored as Inara.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 08:14      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wash, the Pilot with a score of 63%

I shaved off my 'stash cause it looked silly!

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 19:48      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fey-oo! Well, this is just disturbing....
quote:

- You scored as RiVER.
River Tam: you can kill people with your mind (or so you claim). All we really know about you is that you are hella-smart and that you were involved in some sort of Weapon-X-type program, which is usually more curse than blessing.
Some advice: beware the men with the blue hands...

RiVER.........75%
Kaylee, the Mechanic.........69%
Inara, the "Companion".........69%
Jayne Cobb, resident bad-ass.........50%
Simon, the Doctor.........50%
First Mate Zoe.........44%
Captain Malcolm Reynolds.........31%
Wash, the Pilot.........19%
Shepherd Book.........13%

What's the ruttin' deal? I don't mind the being a killing machine and all... but my top 3 are chicks?

Oh well... go see the Big Damn Movie, dong ma?

=DB
...also... I can kill you with my mind.

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2005 21:45      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everytime I see the name "Inara," I think "Innana," the Sumerian goddess of the underworld.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 10:32      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Torrent download finished, and I've watched the episodes now. (See, I told y'all it would be "soon"!) I'll be seeding it for days and days just to break even on the DL/UL ratio, but it was worth it.

I have to disagree on calling Jayne the "resident bad-ass". Clearly Zoe is.

Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 11:28      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I find this quite interesting...I never thought I'd score as River. I'm still trying to figure out what that makes me...a psychic programmer? All your code are belong to me!!! I am Microsofts dream employee. [Wink] [Razz]

-

River Tam: you can kill people with your mind (or so you claim). All we really know about you is that you are hella-smart and that you were involved in some sort of Weapon-X-type program, which is usually more curse than blessing. Some advice: beware the men with the blue hands...

RiVER 81%
Kaylee, the Mechanic 63%
Inara, the "Companion" 63%
Shepherd Book 56%
Simon, the Doctor 50%
Wash, the Pilot 44%
Jayne Cobb, resident bad-ass 38%
First Mate Zoe 31%
Captain Malcolm Reynolds 13%

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 16:14      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is mine...

Zoe Warren: former Independent and a real "xiong ci sha shou". You are torn between two men in your life.

First Mate Zoe 88%
Kaylee, the Mechanic 81%
Inara, the "Companion" 81%
RiVER 56%
Captain Malcolm Reynolds 50%
Simon, the Doctor 44%
Jayne Cobb, resident bad-ass 44%
Wash, the Pilot 38%
Shepherd Book 25%

I know who I am with...right?? [Confused]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2005 11:10      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
Zoe Warren: former Independent and a real "xiong ci sha shou". You are torn between two men in your life.

I know who I am with...right?? [Confused]

The description in the quiz is a bit terse and ambiguous. In the series, she's married to one man, but she owes loyalty through chain of command to another. There's one episode in which the story revolves around her need to balance these two aspects of her life, and that's clearly what the quiz was talking about.

She doesn't sleep around, as far as we know.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture