homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » green bay packers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: green bay packers
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 03, 2005 09:44      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, they one the game against the titans on thursday. on the 11th, their playing the lions. i wanna know, who else is with me? i can't possibly be the only packers fan on this forum. show some support!

PS, anyone whos going to reply to this with anti-packer blasphemy, save it. [Razz]

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2005 09:50      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i want to take a survey. if you don't like the packers, (god forbid).. who do you like?

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2005 09:55      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bull3t:
ok, i want to take a survey. if you don't like the packers, (god forbid).. who do you like?

The answer to this question varies weekly, depending on who is playing against Green Bay. More fun than bashing the Packers is bashing their fans.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2005 10:37      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only true All American Team. Dallas Cowboys!!
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2005 19:12      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me looks around, looks at my location...

GO LIONS! [Big Grin]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2005 19:39      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Green Bay Packers. Those are the Cheeseheads, right?
 -

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2005 22:38      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO RAIDERS!

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 3 posted September 04, 2005 11:03      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm pretty sure we all are going to root for our favorite team, but of course there can be only one superbowl winner - same as the last few

New England Patriots [Big Grin] [Cool] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2005 21:02      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fsck football. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2005 09:51      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carolina Panthers.

Oh wait, Im in college. I hate professional sports. Ok, um, GO NCSU WOLFPACK!!!

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2005 10:55      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started out as a Pro Football fan, living in Madison, Wisconsin. with my favorite player being the great , HughMcElhenny (143 Games, 1124 Attempts, 5281 Yards, 38 TDs rushing, 264 catches, 3247 yards receiving and 20 TDs receiving).

Moving made life tough as a young Packers fan, and I begrudingly switched loyaties in the late 60s to the Detroit Lions -- Geography, Alex Karras and "The Paper Lion" had something to do with it. I know they are bad for me, but it is an addiction I cannot kick.

Anybody know who holds the Detroit Lions record for longest run from scrimmage? HINT: It's not anybody named Barry, Billy or Mel. Sad to say, I'm old enough to have watched that game.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 08:06      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
garlic man, this means WAR! just kidding. see, i live here in utah where everyone is a frickin broncos fan, cause utah isn't cool enough to have a pro football team. but the u of u utes are pretty cool for college ball, i guess. TMB, beautiful pic by the way.

panic, i too have felt your pain. i grew up in anaheim, where the LA rams used to play (even tho they were called the la rams for some reason), and i loved them as a child. then, they moved to st luis, won the super bowl, updated their image, and i hate them. BAH to the rams.

i guess i just wanna see brett favre win the superbowl one more time..

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
-William S Burroughs

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 08:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bull3t:
garlic man, this means WAR!

Careful there, bull3t! The Brits already think all Yanks are a bunch of warmongers. No need to feed that notion, no matter how accurate it may be. [Big Grin]

i guess i just wanna see brett favre win the superbowl one more time..

I wholeheartedly agree, so long as he is playing for the Bears at the time. I like Brett. He's among the finest players ever to take the field. [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
N9IWP
Geek
Member # 1229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 11:33      Profile for N9IWP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not much of a football fan, but the only games I WILL watch are the Packers. And they are doing badly (all to common lately) I'll stop watching.

One thing you can say about GB - they will NEVER move. Besides, I know at least one owner.

Brian
(born lived ~18 years 30 miles from Lambeau)

Posts: 181 | From: Southeast MN | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 12:34      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by N9IWP:

One thing you can say about GB - they will NEVER move.

Unless a disaster of a magnitude equalling the New Orleans situation were to occur?

Besides, I know at least one owner.

That's pretty funny. Now that I think of it, I know a few of 'em myself. [Big Grin]

[Edit: This thread reminds of a great joke involving the Green Bay Packers. Go ahead, ask me to tell it. I dare you...}

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 13:41      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
This thread reminds of a great joke involving the Green Bay Packers. Go ahead, ask me to tell it. I dare you...}

Did they get taken over by a fudge maker?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2005 16:12      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
This thread reminds of a great joke involving the Green Bay Packers. Go ahead, ask me to tell it. I dare you...}

Did they get taken over by a fudge maker?
No. But since you asked, the answer is here.

--------------------

gladiator
Geek Larva
Member # 4387

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 19, 2005 13:19      Profile for gladiator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God love the Packers!! Even though I am from St. Louis, and am a devoted Rams fan, I was glad to see the Packers and their "cheeseheads" win the Super Bowl a few years back. I have to make it to Lambeau to experience the whole scene. In Missouri, it's the Kansas City Chiefs that have one of the best tailgate parties in the league (or so I hear)By the way, as a side note on sports,I was in a bar the other night and was talking to the bartender and he said that when Boston won the World Series last year, many of the Boston fans that were in town for the game commented about the graciousness of the Cardinals fans on their win. I truly believe St. Louis is one of the best baseball towns in the U.S. Classy for the most part, of course there are always exceptions in any town. If you come to St. Louis, catch a Cardinals game just for the experience!

--------------------
Gladiator:(noun)Celebrity and entertainer for the Roman masses.... without the paparazzi

Posts: 28 | From: St. Louis | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 18:35      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Packers are a great team. I don't like current management, but what's there to do about it...

I'm not a football fan, but living in wisconsin means you have to love the Packers... It's a state law, or something.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2005 21:44      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this is how the Katrina survivors did it?

-

Tennis, anyone?

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture