homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Anyone going to LWE?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone going to LWE?
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2005 21:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LinuxWorld Expo - in San Fran. - Tues-Thurs.

I'm just idly curious if anyone here is attending - I'll be there sometime Tuesday, and floating about the area for much of the rest of the day, as well as Monday. It's probably stupid of me to be posting this as late as I am, but that's the kind of procratinator I am. Besides, I'm taking a PDA with a WiFi card along with me. [Wink] If there's anything earth-shattering, I'm sure there's a person or two who might be so good as to txt me.

--dragon

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2005 23:00      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there in spirit.

/me wishes I could attend...

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2005 04:17      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your lyrics:
quote:
I been through the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to be out on the range

In the desert, you can't remember your name,
'cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Actual lyrics:
quote:
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2005 07:24      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
Your lyrics:
quote:
I been through the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to be out on the range

Actual lyrics:
quote:

Thank you, that waws bugging the hell out of me.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2005 07:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* Helpful response [Wink]

Anyway...it took me long enough to get my way here whilst chilling out in the airport terminal. Stupid WiFi is not being cooperative - I finally got here by SSHing into a server of mine and typing "host www.geekculture.com" and plugging the IP into Eudora Web. Yes...I am accessing the forums from my Handspring Visor with Xircom Springboard wireless module and Targus keyboard, why do you ask? [Razz] [Big Grin]

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2005 07:59      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
quote:
Your lyrics:
quote:

Actual lyrics:
quote:

Thank you, that waws bugging the hell out of me.
Heaven forbid we PM somebody to tell them there's something wrong with their .sig. I just heard the song somewhere, and these are the lyrics-by-ear. And they will remain until I find a suitable replacement sig.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2005 18:51      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
[QB] I just heard the song somewhere

Everybody's heard that song. It's an American classic (pun intended). I can understand the "can't remember" instead of "can remember"; it really sounds like they said can't. However, it's fairly obvious that they said "rain" and not "range." And how did the random commas get in there? They make no sense in English.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2005 08:03      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
[QB] I just heard the song somewhere

Everybody's heard that song. It's an American classic (pun intended). I can understand the "can't remember" instead of "can remember"; it really sounds like they said can't. However, it's fairly obvious that they said "rain" and not "range." And how did the random commas get in there? They make no sense in English.
Ok, I think you might be taking this a bit to far. Like he said, he was listening to it and typed the lyrics from that, which if you didn't know, can be rather difficult. The commas are obviosly little breaks, coinciding with breaks in the song (speaking from ear of course). Let's drop this ok, and lets stop hijacking this thread

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture