homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » not sure how I should take this... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: not sure how I should take this...
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2005 21:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I took this test and scored:

The Master Assassin
You scored 79% in planning and 72% in doing

Whatever you do, please don't be offended by anything I wrote on this test! You're the master. You plan, consider and evaluate absolutely everything. Not only that but your scientific brain continually evaluates innumerable variables even while on the job. You're know you don't have to be the bravest or the most unfeeling, you simply have a job to do and anyone around you while on that job are simply objects for you to influence as you do or do not see fit. You're the plumber, the doorstep evangelist, the door-to-door salesman, the telephone linesman, the delivery guy, any member of the local ecosystem because you understand that stealth is not in being unseen, but in being unnoticed. You have a thorough understanding of what it takes to kill (and what it doesn't take) and how to best avoid the kill being traced not just to you, but to anyone. You have many different methods, any of which you could employ within seconds of considering another while in the target's vicinity. You are the master assassin, the highest and best result available on this test.

I'm not sure I should be proud or afraid of myself. :/

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2005 21:46      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Error 503 Service Unavailable???

-

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2005 21:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
??? The link works fine on my end...

I was, however, having problems with that site earlier today, when I was at work and using IE. Maybe it's a browser thing. [Confused]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2005 22:08      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My experience with OKCupid is that the test works fine until you get to the end, at which time it prompts you to log in or register to get your results. After either action, the test is erased and you need to search the site to find it again and retake it.

Free advice: Sign in first and then take the test (cut and paste the test ID numbers from Xanthine's link). It'll save you from wasting your time.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2005 22:25      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Rhonnie, all I had to do was give them my sex and date of birth at the end. Oh yeah, and a question about a blog. No signing in required. Optional, but not required. After that, it took me straight to my results.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 04:11      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hired Gun
You scored 55% in planning and 52% in doing.

You're adequate in all departments and might make a useful hired gun for domestic and/or small business disputes. Chances are good, however, that the police will eventually track you down. You make the occasional mistake and eventually, it'll be one mistake too many. You're competent in all departments but expert in none. If you could be anything else, you'd be the apprentice...but no master assassins take apprentices.

Well, I never thought of myself as a master assassin anyway [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 08:10      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mercenary
You scored 72% in planning and 66% in doing
You're better than a cheap hired gun and you'll probably look forwards to a long and successful career but you really do need to work on the dirty part of assassination - the approach and kill. You will be noticed as being "not normal" by members of the public but you're at least good enough to not be noticed as "mortal danger". A determined police investigation might track you down, but we all know that it'd cost the police good money they could be using to improve their statistics elsewhere... Your strength lies in planning for every eventuality and having a seamless plan for anything that may happen while on the job but you did drop a few points when it came to being undetected for what you are. You're probably in it for the money.

Wow, I'm better than I thought. [Razz]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 09:34      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Master Assassin 76% Planning 78% Doing
99% Stealth and Knowledge

So just don't upset me OK?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 09:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hired Gun
You scored 58% in planning and 66% in doing

*shrug*

Well, I stick to Google's creed of Do No Evil, so no harm in not scoring high on that test. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArcticBlue
Mini Geek
Member # 4034

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 10:05      Profile for ArcticBlue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hired Gun
You scored 58% in planning and 61% in doing

Sigh. I though I would do better. Oh well.

Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 10:15      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mercenary
You scored 68% in planning and 53% in doing

You're better than a cheap hired gun and you'll probably look forwards to a long and successful career but you really do need to work on the dirty part of assassination - the approach and kill. You will be noticed as being "not normal" by members of the public but you're at least good enough to not be noticed as "mortal danger". A determined police investigation might track you down, but we all know that it'd cost the police good money they could be using to improve their statistics elsewhere... Your strength lies in planning for every eventuality and having a seamless plan for anything that may happen while on the job but you did drop a few points when it came to being undetected for what you are. You're probably in it for the money.

What's up the the "F**k buddy" ads on okcupid?. I've been a member there for quite some time and this is something they only recently started doing...

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 14:42      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Well, I stick to Google's creed of Do No Evil, so no harm in not scoring high on that test. [Smile]

I sitck to that creed too, for all the good it ended up doing me...

I retook it, changed an answer or two, and scored even higher as a Master Assasin. Maybe I was one in a past life or something. :/

--------------------
- The Decemberists

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 17:09      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hired Gun, 46/44.
Looks like I'll have to stick with geeking for a living, *sigh*

p.s. Remind me never to annoy Xanthine, MMKK, Spidey, or Serenak

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 17:14      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Master Assassin ... hmm. I may have found a new career ;-)

So, what was the answer to "least detectable" - I figured poison, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 18:40      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure either. I went with strangulation. Poison can get picked up in posthomunous blood work and possibly get traced back toa purchaser or supplier or something. Strangling someone with someone in their own home won't leave any signatures beyond fingerprints behind, and if you're a smart assassin you'd be wearing gloves anyways.
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 18:42      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except if you use a ligature. It's also very difficult to strangle somebody to death. It takes a lot of strength and it takes a long time. (or so I hear). [evil]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2005 21:08      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I got a 76 planning and a 71 on doing. I can't remember the rest.

But I chose the knife. Guns are traceable, and strangulation as GMx said is time consuming. Poison is tested for. But a knife, unless you are particularly close to one. Is a great temporary weapon. Buy one at K-Mart, kill, clean, and dispose.

Yard sales have plenty of that stuff for pennies.

But I do not advocate the assasination of anyone, unless it is real good money. [evil]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2005 07:57      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
91% planning, 99% stealth

Hmmm.... I think I'll go brew up some chloroform now...

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 17, 2005 10:26      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, given that chloroform is a single carbon with three flourines around it, it might be easier to just buy it. The synthesis probably isn't difficult (as in, no more than one step), but you'd need a lab and a fume hood and a lot of glassware and probably some really good fire insurance as well.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 17, 2005 12:05      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Master Assassin
You scored 75% in planning and 80% in doing
How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 83% on Knowledge
You scored higher than 91% on Stealth

I went for poison as least traceable, but only because they stated manually as a strangulation. Sure, a smart assassin (like I am! [Wink] ) know how to leave no trace, but as the test stated "typically," I went for what would be harder even for a dumb beginner. Though if I really had to do it, I'd rather go for injecting air and causing an emboly. A lot, lot harder to identify as murder. And downright impossible if the victim already uses syringes (legal or illegal drugs).

(Ok, I guess I read too many police/mystery novels.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2005 13:07      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... I think you're right Xanthine, it would just be easier to have my dad bring some home... he works at the hospital, I think they use Chloroform as a solvent or something.

But it would be funner to make my own, methinks. In the danger lies the challenge!!!

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 17, 2005 14:32      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
81% planning, 72% doing

Of course, that just says that I think like the author of the test. I have no basis to think that the author of the test knows more than an average mystery novelist. (I sure don't).

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 17, 2005 18:35      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
91% planning, 91% stealth. Sometimes, I scare myself [Wink]

And I think we may have solved the mystery of why nerdwithnofriends has no friends anymore [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2005 08:11      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
Except if you use a ligature. It's also very difficult to strangle somebody to death. It takes a lot of strength and it takes a long time. (or so I hear). [evil]

Nope, just use vascular restraint. I only requires pressure in certain places and a normal person's strength (given that you aren't taking down a musclehead). Someone will pass out very quickly. It's not much of a wait after that.

Edit: The Silent Hitman
You scored 59% in planning and 80% in doing
You're better than a cheap hired gun and you'll probably look forwards to a long and successful career but you really do need to work on the science of assassination - the planning, the ground work, the background, the hundreds of ways to kill someone and the very few that work for an assassin. Your strength lies in getting in and getting out without anyone suspecting that you are either about to kill someone or just have. We suspect you're in the game for the sport rather than the money and this may lead you to do stupid things like setting a "challenge" for yourself.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2005 09:03      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Silent Hitman
You scored 63% in planning and 69% in doing
You're better than a cheap hired gun and you'll probably look forwards to a long and successful career but you really do need to work on the science of assassination - the planning, the ground work, the background, the hundreds of ways to kill someone and the very few that work for an assassin. Your strength lies in getting in and getting out without anyone suspecting that you are either about to kill someone or just have. We suspect you're in the game for the sport rather than the money and this may lead you to do stupid things like setting a "challenge" for yourself.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture