homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Went to a "rummage sale" (links to pics)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Went to a "rummage sale" (links to pics)
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2005 13:07      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a rummage sale at a church (its held every year due to the church being next to the park, which holds the town's "hometown days"- a sort of festival), and picked up a palm Vx, used (unfortunatly I grabbed the wrong cradle, so I dont know if it works), and a BRAND NEW wacom intuoso. 6x9, this thing is beautiful. Seriously, everything was sealed, including the CDs and USB cable. Some pics of the loot:

EDIT:

Pics are now here: http://www.outdoor-forums.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2

Unfortunatly I am having trouble setting up Ink in Mac OS 10.3.9
Got them both for a total of $10 USD.

Oh yeah, like 6 years ago, when CDRW drives were the big thing, my dad picked up a brand new one there for $20.

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 22, 2005 13:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Wacom. Wow what a deal. [crazy]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2005 18:57      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waaaah I really want a Wacom!

*seeth with envy*

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2005 00:35      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had a tablet.

Oh and FWIW, if I try to view the pics it gives me an "Unauthorised Hotlinking" warning. - No pics.

Will do the cutty- n -pastey thing.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2005 09:30      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, fixed the link. Anyone have any experience with Wacoms? Theyre pressure sensitive, and its got a lot of control for that, meaning you really push hard to get maximum pressure. Anyone have any issues with their lifetime or anything? Thanks in advance

--------------------
lol

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 23, 2005 22:12      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitro and I both use Wacoms, (she has a large one, I have a small Graphire). We've used them for years, and highly recommend them. [thumbsup]
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2005 23:03      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister has a graphire, she loves it. Do you use Ink? I set it up to write anywhere, and show box, and when I write I see the yellow page and my writing, but the text doesn't appear...

--------------------
lol

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2005 23:20      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow that was an amazing deal!

I've been using Wacoms since the mid 90's, I can't stand using a mouse in Photoshop! I remember someone years ago comparing using a mouse for retouching to drawing with a bar of soap.

I'm on my 2nd tablet at home and that's because the serial tablet (12x12 ArtZ II )was not supported in OSX, otherwise it was still in perfect working order. I now have an Intuos2 9x12, the mouse that came with was replaced after 9 months, and the replacement mouse it acting up now (both problems wit the buttons getting stuck). Oh well I did not get it for the mouse.

It may take a week or 2 to get the hang of the tablet but you do you'll love it.

As far as "Ink" in OSX, I tried it out for awhile when it was 1st released but found it to not be all that useful and shut it off.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 24, 2005 08:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto with Bibo on "Ink"... I never use it. Would be interesting to hear from someone who does.
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2005 09:06      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to agree with Bibo on this one - love my tablet, hate Ink. It's really quite useless and I turned it off shortly after I started playing with it.

Good catch with the tablet/palm, BTW. Excellent price!

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture