homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Stupid weather! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Stupid weather!
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2005 21:11      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to see the aurora some day. [Smile]

And I must go to the far north when the salmon are running, I hear they fight well.

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2005 21:13      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It snowed this evening. While I had a hat and gloves I was not mentally prepared for that. It's supposed to snow some more tomorrow too.

I want my spring back dammit! Fscking freaky Front Range weather!

I saw the Northern Lights on a climb in WA once. THey were very nice. I was hoping to see them again when I tried to climb Denali, but it never got dark enough to be a true night. Knowing that those long summer days (sunset at 1 am) are paid for by long winter nights is what tempers my dreams of living that far north. Otherwise, I found the wild, frontier feel very attractive.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2005 06:35      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard about snow down where I used to live.. it's hovered around 7 degrees C for the last little while here, but there's been lots of rain, and I'm not liking it. The weather report has showed rain as far as the eye can see for some time now. It's moderately depressing, but it isn't snow.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2005 08:07      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No snow here. Just 0.25 in of rain 0.17 in in the last hour.

This year has been wet, wet, wet. Well for California at least.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2005 15:00      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Hey Mel

Didn't you know Yukon is real cool? Like -30F cool....

Really? I thought it was like, Africa hot! LOL

The northern lights are a must see! You can watch them for hours! The best is when there are lots of colours. Usually you'll just see green though, depending on how far north you go. City lights ruin a lot of good shows too! BOO!

Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
mark717
Newbie Larva
Member # 8266

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 21:37      Profile for mark717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like New Zealand...
[Applause] [cry baby] [devil wand] [Frown] [Eek!] [Applause] [cry baby]

Posts: 8 | From: New zealand | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 21:41      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good lord... how many weather related topics are you going to dredge up? This one's been dead over two years.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 22:10      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow...I never even thought to read that far back, what with a library nearby and all... I must not like the weather as much as some people.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture