homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Your all gay, but how gay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your all gay, but how gay?
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 20, 2005 10:22      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone seen and tried this?
I saw this article on the BBC website today Are you a rascist? The test that claims to know

Implicit Prejudice is a study that Harvard University are undertaking looking at people's personal stereotyping.

Interesting results, I did two tests so far (may try some others) in one I came out (pun alert) with no preference between straight or gay people and a slight preference for Black Europeans.

I would suggest not doing the tests soon after each other as you'll realise with practice you can beat the test.

Have fun...

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 10:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently I'm partial to hot, naked, straight women.

*shrugs*

.. or I could actually take the test. [Big Grin]

*edit* the website says the tests are currently unavailable. Perhaps their servers are racist towards white Canadian guys?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted April 21, 2005 11:43      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmph, I took this test, I have to say I don't agree with how they are going about it. The program trains you to respond with e for European Americans and good words with 'e' for African Americans and bad with 'i'. Then it tests you by switching European and African Americans while leaving good and bad alone. Of course you're going to be biased, they just trained your brain to move your fingers a certain way and now they mixed it up. If they plan to use this data for serious results, they are doing it all wrong.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2005 14:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're working for Microsoft, you're probably not feeling gay right now [Frown]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2005 14:23      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The test says I have slight preference for white people. Not as a reaction to the result of the test, but I agree with Craw. Its a silly mixup game. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dorkimus Prime
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3850

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2005 19:37      Profile for Dorkimus Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mixup game like with the little marble that they put under one of the walnut shells
Posts: 12 | From: Right Behind You | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 3 posted May 29, 2005 00:34      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe, while googling a link, this is the 2nd hit

[Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2005 04:35      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done the Race, Sexuality and Asian IAT and all turned out to be inconclusive.

Hrm. I am a lost cause. [Razz]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2005 12:34      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a friend with this theory: The ratio of gay in a person is inversely proportional to the Asian in a person. In other words, I am 1/8 Asian, therefore I am 7/8 gay. My friend is a physics major, so I trust him with this kind of thing.

--------------------
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2005 06:05      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shriver:
I've got a friend with this theory: The ratio of gay in a person is inversely proportional to the Asian in a person. In other words, I am 1/8 Asian, therefore I am 7/8 gay. My friend is a physics major, so I trust him with this kind of thing.

That would make me 8/8 or entirely gay, and I'm not comfortable with that.

YOUR ALL GAY

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
KingVance
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4051

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2005 09:19      Profile for KingVance   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the posterchild for heterosexuals.
Posts: 19 | From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture