homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What's in YOUR wallet or purse? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What's in YOUR wallet or purse?
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted April 02, 2005 12:33      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While rummaging through my purse yesterday for something mundane I came across:
- a spare 16 MB Memory Stick for my camera (should I need a few extra shots of that UFO),
- a credit card-sized Fresnel lense reading magnifier (for the fine print in software license agreements), and
- a mini laser pointer (in case I feel a sudden urge to give a presentation?!).

So it got me thinking... What interesting, strange, or unorthodox things do you regularly carry in your wallet or purse? (Girls, we have the advantage here -- purses hold more!) Backpack contents not eligible for consideration, but we probably ought to include pockets.

(BTW, I never did find what I was looking for: a scrunchy for my hair. [ohwell] )

Edit: italics added above. No obligation to detail everything you carry unless you really want to. [Smile]

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 13:24      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UFOs??? ok...

The rest for a business person isnt unheard of.

Um, for me, I have 3 library cards. For most people, thats weird, but for me and how much I read thats expected. And all of them are used.
I also have this piece of metal that I found in my truck and have no clue what its too, and a paperclip, no clue how long its been in there.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 13:47      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pockets are awesome.

Left pocket:
128 meg USB drive
Cell phone
Note pad

Right pocket:
Keys (car, house)
Pen
Wallet

In the wallet (only the slightly interesting stuff because this list would be way too long with everything else):
Paper clip
Modified hair pin
New York City subway card (don't really know why anymore since I'm nowhere near NYC)
Reference card for Google SMS

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 13:57      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My purse is my over-the-shoulder military messenger bag. Not big enough to be a backpack, not quite small enough to be a legit purse.

Contents therein:
- Paperback copy of "Tigana" by Guy Gavriel Kay.
- Pair of brown-lens circular-framed sunglasses a'la Al Jourgenson.
- Many ballpoint pens, Sharpies, and Chartpak art markers.
- One red clip-on blinking strobe light for biking safety at night.
- One black bandanna.
- One Samsung Digimax digital camera with USB wire and extra flash memory.
- One 5Star "Fat Li'l Notebook," college ruled, spiral bound. No, you can't read what's inside.
- Pair of grey and black cycling gloves.
- One folding map of Boston and surrounding suburbs.
- One Hello Kitty changepurse containing seven Trojan-ENZ condoms.
- One roll of Blue's Clues stickers.
- Two sour apple-flavored Dubble Bubble lollipops.
- One miniature Toolsmith multitool.
- One softpack of Camel Light cigarettes.
- One green lighter.
- One stick of unflavored Chapstick.

My wallet and keys are also held within. In my wallet:
- One Bruegger's Bagels giftcard.
- One card-sized periodic table of elements.
- One Boston Public Library card.
- My college student ID.
- One Bank Of America/Visa debit card.
- One Massachusetts state identification card.
- One glittery sticker of a penguin ice-skating.
- One bank receipt.
- A blue slip of paper with my mailbox lock combination on it.
- No money.

Yeah, it's a long list. You asked for it. [Razz]

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 15:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My purse is my backpack, the same backpack that got abandoned on a Bolivian mountaintop in a thunderstorm. In it I've currently got:
* Swiss army knife
* bike multi-tool
* pennies
* spare house key
* expired inhaler
* receipts
* perscription-strength ibuprofen from when I screwed up my foot (it didn't hurt THAT bad, the doc just gave it to me)
* wallet
* keys clipped to the outside
* hat
* gloves
On a typical day I may also have my class notes, my lunch, my glasses and my contacts in there as well. If I'm on my bike there will be a bike lock and a mini-iPod in there. Sometimes I also have an extra layer or fullchange of clothes, and usually in the summer when I don't have to carry any books or extra layers, my aikido uniform (top, pants, belt and hakama) lives in there too. But I usually carry that in a pannier bag that hooks onto the rack on my rear wheel.

The contents of the pack changes for hikes, snowboarding days, and climbs. When I left it on Tarija I had a camera, food, a Camelbak full of water, a Nalgene full of Cytomax, a ceramic Pachamama, a bunch of Bolivian coins, and a couple extra layers in the pack and an ice tool strapped to the outside.

The wallet's just got the usual: license, insurance info, credit cards, frequent flier cards, expired EMT certification, expired CPR/AED certification. Safeway and King Soopers cards, receipts, the new student ID that goes active 4/10, pocket periodic table, and a couple bucks. Oh yeah, and a Petco card. Damn guinea pig eats me out of house and home.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wolfman
Mini Geek
Member # 3434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 16:28      Profile for Wolfman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok We'll go off what is currently on me. Prepare yourself, for I am lame. Apparently I may need these 400 things I keep on me at all times.

- 128meg thumb drive around my neck, containing backups of all my websites, and a couple programs I've rittern

- I actually wear a portable MP3 cd player in a holster on my belt with an extra pair of batteries

- left pocket: 2dollars in change (never know), keys (containing): 3 mini barcode cards (Hastings, Library, Gas Savings club), 4 house keys (countem 4 no lock here seems to match the other),Motorcycle Key, Bike lock Key, Van Key (parents mini van), Car key (my "sweet" [Wink] 1984 Camry Hatchback "crap brown" in color), oh and a leather key ring.

- Right Pocket: Cell Phone (Nokia 1221, yes I agree it is the nastiest phone ever) with all of 2 numbers excluding pizza or electronics stores in the memory, can you tell how many people I know?, lighter (butane, disposable)(dont smoke, you just never know when you'll need instant fire), Pocket knife, and one of those dime sized things of chapstick (no flavor).

- Left back pocket: Check Book (containg all of 250 dollars, wow Daddy Warbucks has entered the building) Pen (For draining funds from Checkbook).

- Right Back Pocket: Wallet (containing): Two Hastings Cards (one gift, one Memebership), One Public library card, One Visa Debit Card, Two Bank account number cards (the little cardboard ones that are blank besides you number), One 128Meg SD card, One Kansas Driving Permit(which I must say I acctually got a decent picture), One "Subway" "Sub Club" card, One Ace Hardware coupon, and one business card containing the make/model/cartidge size of each of my printers.

There you have it, throw on one of your millions of "fossil" watches, some "Agent Smith" sunglasses, that pair of big DJ Headphones (plug them into that cdplayer on your belt), and you look very uncool, yet you walk around proudly(or most of the time atleast).

*howls*

--------------------
Sincerely,
The Wolfman

LOST: One Grip (fits my reality)

Posts: 83 | From: North side of the House, Middle of Town, Middle of Kansas, USA, Earth | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 17:43      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Left jeans pocket:
Reserved for cell phone only (I hate pulling out my cell phone and getting all sorts of other stuff with it)

Right jeans pocket:

My Hawaii keychain which has on it:
-mini info card for Progressive Drive(tm) insrance
-mini info card for Progressive insurance (before they became "Drive")
-Econo Foods "more" card
-D&W "Values" card
-Quality Farm & Country "ThankQ" card
(note, 3 of these five cards are obsolete)
-key to my VW Microbus
-key to the gas cap on my VW Microbus
-House key
-PO Box key
-Key to the Buick ignition
-key to the Buick doors/trunk/glovebox

My wallet which contains:
-1 $20 bill
-2 $5 bills
-1 $1 bill
-ATM debit card
-Michigan Operator License
-AT&T Prepaid phone card
-a "personal business card" from a friend of mine
-my SSID card
-a Hollywood Video member card
-my girlfriend's former school ID
-my "MichiCard" library card
-the large version of my Progressive Drive(tm) Insurance info card
-my Video City & Tanning membership card
-my brother's business card
-a picture of my girlfriend, her brother, and all her cousins posed in old-west style
-a card my friend gave me that says simply "Your Hair is Gorgeous"
-the Marathon credit card Mom gave me "for emergencies only"
-a business card for "The Shade Tree Shop" that a friend of mine owns
-a blue 70's-style labeler label stuck on the inside that says "I LOVE YOU BABY" that Steph gave me shortly after we started dating [Happytears]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 18:12      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I travel light.
Left front pocket. Money
Left right pocket. Keys
Inner jacket pocket or back pants pocket (depending on season). Wallet with credit cards and all that stuff.

Anything else I might possibly want is in my car or at home/office.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 18:20      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, travel light.

My wallet contains the normal stuff, driver's license, proof of insurance, car ownership, various credit cards and rewards cards, subway stamp cards, etc. No money, I use debit for everything. I never carry cash.

My pockets always have my car keys and my other keyring with all my othey keys.

Aswell, my blackberry is always in my pocket with the clip that's supposed to be on my belt snugly clipped onto the outside of my pocket.

That's about it. My coat pocket has my 512MB mp3 player/mini storage device. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 19:06      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sometimes put ALL sorts of junk that I take out two years later. Lemme see...

Shoulder bag:
Body Shop Concealer
Mirror
An old sketch I did
A business card to a costume designer
A rubber band
A broken pure silver crucifix necklace
An old Mexican relic
A Dragonair phonestrap
A pack of business envelopes
An invitation to a wedding I never went
Recipe to make guacamole and notes on the other side for Baldur's Gate
Ladies' toiletries
A pen
An Net MD player
Keys

In my wallet:
A titanium guitar pick
A roll of thick string to play Cat's Cradle
Three photos of my boyfriend and I
A old Pokemon card (Diglet!)
Library cards/ ID cards
Business card for a modelling company
A MacDonalds chant card from 2000
Various other recipts, business cards, cash

Wow, I need to get rid of some of these!

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 19:53      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my left pocket:

- Three "Big Stubby" guitar picks, 3mm
- One thumbpick
- Three nylon Dunlop picks, 1mm
- Two Nylon Dunlop picks, .7mm
- One glass slide
- One metal slide
- Guitar Tuner
- Compact
- Comb

(no, I'm not joking... I'm that vain)

In my right pocket:

- two quarters
- one nickel
- semi-fat bag of some *herbal supplement*
- pack of rolling papers
- three Camel Turkish Gold cigarettes in a metal tube
- one black bic baby lighter
- one pipe made of onyx
-

In the little pocket inside of my right pocket:
- gold pocket watch my grandaddy gave me
- old timer pocket knife, same as the watch

In my wallet:
- 2 one hundred dollar bills
- 7 twenties
- 2 tens
- 2 fives
- 8 ones
- picture of Couka
- another picture of Couka
- 10 buisness cards
- a pack of rolling papers

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 20:30      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wallet:
less than $10 in cash, driver's lic., receipts from whatever was bought that day, and that's *all*
might add a bank card if i open a checking account..

pockets:
spare change and cell phone

256mb usb key along with car, mailbox and apt keys on the ring

anything else is in a bag that i carry only when i need to work on a pc

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 20:36            Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll bite...

What, no-one else has a straightened paper-clip in their wallet? =p Good for restarting iMacs, ejecting discs from Zip drives, cleaning mice...

Two bus tickets. I carry a PDA in my left pocket, but until someone makes a IrDA pocket thermal printer, I can't give out information to anyone, so I write it on the back of an old bus ticket. (The rest of the bus tickets live in my coat pocket...)

All sorts of random cards... wow, a W3C Web Accessibility Initiative tips card, I wonder where I got that from and for how many years it's been sat in there?

Oh and a newer London Tube map, probably from when I met up with schnurren; the old one was worn through in holes.

(Obvious items such as currency apply too of course)

IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 21:08      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:

In my wallet:
- 2 one hundred dollar bills
- 7 twenties
- 2 tens
- 2 fives
- 8 ones

May I trade wallets, please? [Eek!]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 21:31      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...so I was refraining from posting in this thread, because I didn't quite feel like making such a huge laundry list, but I feel I ought to honor uilleann's spontaneous return, and welcome him back here. What better way to do that than with a lengthy dragon-post which few will read. [Wink]

n.b. Nothing that follows is in any particular order. [Smile]

So...the contents of my pockets:
Cell phone
Cybertool
Pen/pencil (typically in my shirt pocket)
3 sets of keys (2 personal, one work, often hanging off my belt)
2 USB keys
Tux Photon Microlight v3.0 (my v2.0 is retired)
A few pieces of paper with notes/numbers/times written on them
That green cotton/linen/paper stuff (hopefully)
Loose change if I've purchased something

Wallet? What's that? Stopped carrying that awhile ago - a few pieces of plastic reside in a nice business card/photo holder I got in a Japanese bookstore in the city, though, along with my LNX-BBC (fully functional OS *and* a mirror whene're one is needed)

Also, another cell phone (Nextel) can often be found clipped to my belt or pocket. Woo/bleh!

Now then...my briefcase/bag... that's something else entirely... and I carry it to a great many places. It holds:
#2 Philips head screwdriver
Diagonal cutters
Mints
Glasses case for whatever glasses I'm /not/ wearing (alt. in coat when weather permits)
Paper sleeve doubled over in packing tape full of change (alt. in coat when weather permits)
A handful of zip ties and twist ties
7' Cat-5e
USB A (M) -> A (F) cable - I haven't had much need for this, though - I'm probably going to use it on my Mini instead
A handmade T568A->T568B converter/dongle (one part Cat-5, one part RJ45 jack)
Knoppix 3.7 12-08-2004 EN (Ooh, I just found that Klaus is releasing 3.8.1 soon - that'll be /very-good-stuff/
My "CLEANUP_TOOLS" CD - chockful of stuff to clean up very infected Windows PCs
At least 3 writing implements, including a Sharpie for CDs
A few train schedules, and a subway/bus map
A dead tree copy of my address book, lest misfortune strike my communication devices
(1) Digital camera
Memory card case for above, containing an SD card reader, and an extra card or two (I don't really count the 16 MB card as "one")
Folder with assorted code and sketches of ideas
Another folder now, with more Perl inside
Mini tripod
A few bits of note paper
Oh yeah, and presently: (1) iBook G4, asleep, with some of the aforementioned Perl code open, ready to be worked on
If the above wasn't in there, there are usually 1-2 books in there for my reading enjoyment. In this case, though, the iBook trumps deadTreeBook. My current reading material is sitting in my car instead, reading to travel in my hand (there's no more room in the bag).

/me needs to weed out the above list some more some day, but I find it very hard to part with any of those things...

P.S. I did have a paper clip on my keyring for quite awhile, but I used it for something, and haven't replaced it - there should be a paper clip /somewhere/ in my bag, though. There's a pin on my Cybertool, which might work in a pinch - and I have a plastic coated paperclip holding something together that could be stripped with my knife if the need arose.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 21:43      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wallet:
3 dollars and misc. change
A couple band-aids (I'm just that klutzy)
ATM Card
Credit Card
A few of my business cards
Miscellaneous store cards
Security Guard training certification cards (forgot those were still in there)
ID - State and School
Odd receipts

Pockets:
Carabiner (a real one) I use as a keychain
Keys
Keychain drive (512 MB)
Lock-blade knife
Cell-phone
Pocket Watch
Small container of Ibuprofen in case of a migraine

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 22:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that motion Peebs...

I remember your paper coin thing dman...it was full of quarters. Diamonds would not have been more precious. Thus speaketh the lab rat who is forced to use a coin-op laundromat.

I took another, more careful pass through my wallet and found some expired membership cards to the Seattle Art Museum (and, by reciprocity, the Met), my WA voter registration card which is also defunct, my health insurance card, my dad's old All-State card (don't ask), my own AAA card, a very old Seattle Public Library Card, a friend's old business card, and the card for the shop I take my car too, my punchcard for getting film developed, and an old health insurance card from when I was still on my mom's policy. Oh yeah, and the business card for my eye doctor here in Boulder. Not too special. There's no more money in there as I had to do some laundry. :/

Oh yeah, and there's a CPR mask in my backpack.

And since we're discussing keys I've got the keys to no less than four labs hanging off my key chain as well as a key to the molecular biology building and (drumroll please) a key to the x-ray lab! Yep, between that and my card access to the chemistry building I can access an x-ray beam AND a color laser printer whenever I damn well please. Bow down and weep mortal scum. [Wink] [Razz] [Geek]

Did I mention there's a whole tank of liquid nitrogen and chest of dry ice not five yards from the x-ray lab? Stop pretending you aren't jealous. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2005 22:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Xanthine: Believe it or not, I actually have some non-quarters (read: a bunch of pennies, mostly) in there now as well. However, I just came into a bunch of quarters [quite an eggscelant find, really], though, and am quite pleased. I'm finding creative ways of using other coins to result in better change/using fewer bills/notes. [Razz] Quarters are very useful things when you need to feed parking meters, as well. NY meters swallow them like crazy, if you happen to be unfortunate enough to have to park in a metered area.

Oh, and don't forget where my keys take me...there's a few new ones that are extra groovy. I shain't be disclosing that information here, though, so anyone who's not satisfied with pure awesome mystery will remain quite enamored with your nice scientific access. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2005 00:37      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Hmm...so I was refraining from posting in this thread, because I didn't quite feel like making such a huge laundry list...

Actually, I was just asking what interesting, strange, or unorthodox things everyone carried in their wallet or purse -- you know, anything out-of-the-ordinary like two tickets to the 1996 Inaugural Ball or an emergency pint of gas for one's motorcycle. I really didn't expect the level of "walletary" exposition my question seems to have elicited. That said, the detailed lists are quite revealing... [Wink]

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2005 00:53      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Left Pocket:
- 1 5 dollar bill
- 2 1 dollar bills

Right Pocket:
- 57 1 Dollar bills (went to the * Club last night)

Wallet:
- Military ID
- State Drivers Lisence
- Check Card
- Room Key
- Recruiters buisness Card
- Corps Values Card
- Arrive Alive Card
- 1 dollar.

Purely Buisness. No Excessive gear here.

n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2005 03:07      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wallet:
  • Georgia Drivers license
  • Georgia Fishing license
  • Florida Fishing license
  • Georgia Hunting permit (expired March 31)
  • 22 dollars
  • A scrap of paper with some number I don't recognize written on it

[Big Grin]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2005 03:13      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
-a card my friend gave me that says simply "Your Hair is Gorgeous"

These're put out by Looney Labs, and tend to make the rounds an awful lot at sci fi cons. I tore mine up when I shaved my head. [Big Grin]
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2005 06:46      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the peer pressure has forced me to post my... litany [Razz]

Btw,
quote:
Now then...my briefcase/bag... that's something else entirely... and I carry it to a great many places.
I can attest to this, as even when I met Dragonman at a Chinese restaurant he had his fun-bag [Razz]

Cargo pocket (Left):
  • Keys: 2 Kensington locks, house, USB drive, tux photon light, 2 unidentified ACE hardware keys
  • Male USB mini-a to female USB-A adapter
Cargo pocket (right):
  • 1 black clicky pen
  • 1 blue clicky pen
  • 2 .5 mm clicky pencils
  • 1 double tipped "sharpie"
  • 2 highlighters (yellow and purple)
Front right pocket:
  • Zaurus
Front left pocket:
  • Cell phone
  • A few papers
Back right pocket:
  • Wallet
Wallet:
  • 2 library cards
  • $15 in bills, and 3 quaters, 3 pennies, 1 nickle, 2 dimes
  • Circuit City Gift card
  • Barnes + Noble Gift card
  • Periodic table w/ common ions + common conversions
  • SSH fingerprints
  • Driver's License
  • CCNA certification
  • ATM card
  • New York metro card
  • License to kill

I can't believe that no one else here has a sheet with their SSH fingerprints in their wallet! What has this board come to? [Razz] I also have a USB card reader in my backpack, which can then use the usb adapter to connect to the zaurus. I like the idea of carrying extra flash memory too, but I don't carry a camera and the zaurus already has a 1GB CF card [Smile] [and an SD slot [Razz] ]. Yes, I was joking about the license to kill, just wanted to see if someone would actually read all of this [Razz]

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2005 07:00      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like a fairly dull individual.

Left pocket - Keys for the house, my desk, and all the vehicles at the house and some change, when I am lucky.

Right pocket - The Zippo and my motorcycle key.

My wallet- The interesting stuff. Let see I have a bunch of reciepts that I will need if I ever have a car part fail. On occasion I have a dollar or two. Oh yeah my tattoo artist's cards. My Selective Service paperwork. I am too old to be drafted as the law is now, so I should toss it.

Oh yeah old shopping club cards(i.e. Lucky, Ralphs and Vons) I never go to those places but the cards are great in a pinch to punch down 66 or 110 blocks.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2005 07:24      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, everyone else has, so my turn now.

Left pocket - coin wallet, keys (work and personal), mobile (cell) phone

Right pocket - Palm, wallet (with usual assortment of cards etc), train ticket holder with train ticket, tissues

On belt - lanyard with work security access card and key

In backpack - MP3 player, sunglasses and hat, train timetables, pens, pencils, spare batteries, writing paper, folder for carrying documents, reusable shopping bag, Ventolin, straightened paper clip (for resetting Palm if necessary), cheque/deposit books, throat lozenges, and whatever reading material I'm up to (photography magazines/newspapers/etc). Oh, and a floppy disk with remote access tools for my work account.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture