homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Bet you can't do this....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bet you can't do this....
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 29, 2005 16:36      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK

While sitting down extend your right (left if you are a sinsister like me) leg and start to rotate the foot in a clockwise direction (easy enough so far...)

Now take your hand and using your index finger draw the figure six in the air....

Bet you can't do it....

Let me know how you get on... LOL

Oh and if you're like me or Magefile and have problems with your feet roll your head clockwise instead of your foot....

[evil] [Wink]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 17:27      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if we can do it?

(Please don't call me a freak...please don't call me a freak...please don't call me a freak...)

AHHH! I can't take it any longer! I'M A FREAK!

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 17:48      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...

Obviously someone has got to be able to do it - but if you *really* can do it you're the first I've met (unless you've already figured out how it works... :0)

Check your PM for more details

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 18:05      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a trick to it? You mean I spent 20 minutes trying until I got it for nothing when there was a way I could have cheated? I feel so used.

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2005 18:11      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you posted while I was editing my post

Check your PM

And no it isn't a "trick"

If you really have beaten it I applaud you no one I've met has done so yet

Then again no one I've met spent 20 minutes trying...

--------------------

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2005 06:54      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We played this a couple of days ago. It is possible, but difficult [Smile]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2005 18:44      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Trick?" It wasn't even an issue for me. [Roll Eyes]
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2005 22:37      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... That was supposed to be hard to do? You're crazier than I am [Razz]
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 10:15      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
easy as pie

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
JSwiss
Newbie Larva
Member # 3400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 13:28      Profile for JSwiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm, k got that.

Now, it does a little dance on it's own or am I supposed to see the sailboat?

--------------------
-May the break in bad fortune soon come for us all, as there is only so much one can take and as with misery, my cup runneth over...

Posts: 5 | From: G-Ville, North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
GeekGirl38
Geek Larva
Member # 3365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 13:59      Profile for GeekGirl38   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just read that on a website, yesterday, i tried to do it, but i couldn't, everytime my foot would change directions! it was funny, well i thought so.
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 17:23      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's easier to do if I rotate my right foot and draw the six with my left index finger. [Razz]

Can anyone stick out their tongue and touch their nose? [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 18:58      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JSwiss:
Ummm, k got that.

Now, it does a little dance on it's own or am I supposed to see the sailboat?

"It's a schooner"

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 19:17      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say left-handed people are wired differently and can do things like that without problem.

I can do it without any issue.. both feet.. both hands.

I had my girlfriend try. She's right handed. She couldn't do it for the life of her. It was quite humourous actually.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 19:20      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm right-handed but I could always draw circles better with my left hand.

--------------------

magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 19:31      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Can anyone stick out their tongue and touch their nose?
Yes, I ... oh, you mean touch it with my tongue? No, I can't.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 20:09      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had a digital camera, I'd post the answer via picture. Since I don't, I'll wait another hour or so before I tell you the answer. [Wink]

:EDIT:

The answer (drumroll, please!): Stick your tongue straight out of your mouth. Then, take your right (or left) index finger and touch the tip of your nose. You have just stuck out your tongue and touched your nose! [Big Grin]

Hmm, now can you say peaches without cream? [Wink]

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 22:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
They say left-handed people are wired differently and can do things like that without problem.

Now that you have that mastered maybe you can learn how to tie your shoes [Wink]

*It has been what, 3 months and I am still laughing at that line your ex used [crazy]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 22:32      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
The answer (drumroll, please!): Stick your tongue straight out of your mouth. Then, take your right (or left) index finger and touch the tip of your nose. You have just stuck out your tongue and touched your nose!

I call foul. As the resident comma nazi, shouldn't the meaning you just implied have a comma between "tongue" and "and"? Or is the commaless version still ambiguous?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 22:44      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that's Clipper wearing off on me, but I really don't think so. Let me check CMS....

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 22:48      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"stuck out your tongue and touched your nose" is a compound predicate.

Chicago Manual of Style, 15th Edition, p. 249, 6.34: A comma is not normally used between the parts of a compound predicate--that is, two or more verbs having the same subject, as distinct from two independent clauses--though it may occasionally be needed to avoid misreading or to indicate a pause.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 22:57      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it comes down to a personal judgement call as to use the comma or not. Isn't English wonderful?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 23:01      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personal judgment call? Where do you get that?

CMS lists these examples of comma use in compound predicates:

He had accompanied Sanford and had volunteered to write the report.
Kelleher tried to see the mayor but was told he was out of town.
BUT
She recognized the man who entered the room, and gasped.

Pretty clear cut, aye?

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2005 23:20      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the phrase "may be needed". Actually, I don't fully understand what the style guide is saying, is it saying when there is ambiguity, a comma may be used to fix it, or must be used to fix it? Big difference...

However, the examples you quoted seem to indicate "must be used".

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2005 06:19      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

Now that you have that mastered maybe you can learn how to tie your shoes [Wink]

*It has been what, 3 months and I am still laughing at that line your ex used [crazy]

I don't blame you, my current gf and I make fun of it daily.

Her: "I'm not hungry, make whatever you want for dinner for yourself."
Me: "Perhaps I should just not eat, and maybe lose some weight, you know, so I can tie my shoes."

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture