homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » New Year's Resolutions Including cussing more

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions Including cussing more
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 07, 2005 11:43      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I am tired of being stressed out, tired of worrying about stuff, tired of letting it all get to me. The truth is, most of the stuff that has happened to me over the years, I have handled fine. I mean, during Christmas, someone set fire to my son's car, my septic tank backed up, the furnace quit, and I stepped on and broke the painted slate my daughter made for my wife, yet I fixed it all. So, my conclusion is, why worry? I know I can take care of problems! So, here are my Resolutions:

1. Relax. If it's bad, I can fix it. If it's REAL bad, then there's nothing I can so about it.
2. Cuss more. It's fun!
3. Help more with charities and my church.
4. Enjoy boobs more. Of all sizes.
5. Laugh more and get my regular goofy personality back.
6. Have fun and do less chores. Reading books. Going to Movies. Museums. Start hiking again. Learn to use Blender 3D.
7. Be proud to be a liberal, and show it. It ain't a crime to think we ought to be excellent to each other.
8. Dance more!
9. Encourage and help develop my kid's talents.
10. Eat more mush.
11. Do something for my wife that will shock her with it's excellentness. Don't really know what yet.
12. Roll on floor laughing until I poop my pants. (ROFLUIPMP)

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 11:59      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent resolutions! I think I may add some of those to my own. It would certainly be a lot more fun. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 12:34      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could be less serious in life and not take things so seriously, it'd do me a world of good. I worry about things I can't help too much and I get needlessly concerned over too many things, so I can see where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. :\

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 13:01      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cussing more will definitely improve your quality of life. Nothing like a good, loud, and well-placed f-bomb to lift your soul. I also suggest running around squeaking. What works for guinea pigs also works for humans. [Wink]

I have resolved not to raise the dead. I may actually keep this one.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 07, 2005 13:04      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I go from one oddish, and generally hellish extreme to the other, so, I either have no problem not caring (to the point where it's a problem that I don't care), or an extreme problem with caring (where I can't stop dwelling and analysing, and rethinking, etc)... Then there's the *really* fun bit (sarcastically speaking, of course), where I couldn't farking care less, but couldn't farking understand what's going on if I tried, so I just do random, weird and or dangerous things, just for "shits and giggles" as my aunt says it.

Of course, then there's the times when my mind is essentially like a large sack of very wet sand... During which, I might care, I might not... But, I can't hardly think.

*shruG* In the end... It dosn't matter, because right now, I don't give a flying fsck anywho! Hehe, I gots a killer headache, that I've had for about 30 hours, havn't slept in two days, keep having some serious dizzy spells, and am having some withdrawls because I havn't taken my meds in, oh, four days if you count today. The way I see it is like this: I've been on them for about seven weeks. Since getting on them, I swing harder, faster, and I have considerably less control over myself than I did before.

Fsck the meds and the idiot wang that gave them to me. (literally his name btw). I can't get to see a psych here untill the 11th, at which time I'll demand a change, or I'll promptly demonstrate where they can place their medications.

I'm not legally obligated to take any medication I don't want to. And, from the research I've done, quite possibly might be able to be deemed untreatable either way... *sigh*

Anywho, since I've run out of things to say, I love the resolutions, and plan to promptley ammend alot of them to mine own list [Smile] [thumbsup]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 13:16      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the one about the boobs. [evil] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 13:44      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My New Years Resolution:
1600x1200 [Razz]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 15:02      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMMmmmmmmm - booooobs. I like that resolution. Now if I can just keep it without getting slapped upside the head to many times by SWMBO! [evil] [Big Grin]

I also am trying to take bad stuff less seriously, and enjoy the good stuff more. Of course there is also the "get in shape" thing. On that I am actually doing ok so far - one week and counting - done a couple of runs this past week. Now to see if I can keep it up for a couple of months.

As for "Dance more" - I would never do that - it might hurt someone (especially me!) [crazy]

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
klynn
Mini Geek
Member # 3019

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 15:20      Profile for klynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I resolve to enjoy MY boobs more.

Ack! Did I just say that out loud?

--------------------
Caution: Comments may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the author.

Posts: 62 | From: USA - Saint Albans | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 15:31      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by klynn:
I resolve to enjoy MY boobs more.

Ack! Did I just say that out loud?

What time should I come over?

Should I bring some wine? [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
klynn
Mini Geek
Member # 3019

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 07, 2005 15:45      Profile for klynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a matter of fact, they say sharing can be fun... [Wink]

--------------------
Caution: Comments may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the author.

Posts: 62 | From: USA - Saint Albans | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 16:17      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is why you have two of 'em.

Well, there are other reasons for having two but that would require me giving you a hands on demonstration [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 16:37      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I *thought* I'd seen the best NYR ever, out there on that interweb thing -- "Be better", it said... Oh how I rejoiced in the zenlike simplicity of it... Then I got to thinking about it a little more deeply... Talk about making a rod for your own back... And so, here I am, after midnight friday/saturday and so it's back to retox for me, I think... (did I ever really leave?)
;-)

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
ChemGeek
Mini Geek
Member # 3124

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 19:22      Profile for ChemGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My new year resolutions this year were actually pretty serious. One is to get my GPA up to a 3.0 so I don't look like a dumbass when I apply for grad school. Another is to not be so antisocial, that one will take some work though.

Oh, and boobs have and will always be a good thing.

--------------------
Experience is directly proportional to the amount of equipment ruined.

Posts: 62 | From: Armpit of America | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture