homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » George W Bush visits Canada tomorrow.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: George W Bush visits Canada tomorrow.
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 11:12      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So tomorrow, Mr Genocide himself, George Dubya Bush will be visiting my fine country.

Amazing that my friends get turned away at the border for simple marijuana possession when they were 15 years old, and this murderous felon can walk free on my soil.

Anyway, I work on Bank St less than 2 blocks south of the parliament buildings. I'd love to be one of the protestors that will be out there screaming at this slimeball as his vehicle transverses our streets, but I must work.

We were all just called over to talk about tomorrow's events. We've been asked to come in early, allowing for us to leave early should the need arise due to closed roads, backed up bus systems, and general safety concerns.

One of my co-workers has a friend who's an officer with the RCMP, and apparently they've already ordered the water cannons and are prepared to have a full riot squad on-hand to deal with the crowd.

Now, being a Canadian, I hope this scumball gets the typical Canadian treatment. I don't want to see riots, or any civilians or police get hurt. I just want to see this dirtbag understand how much he's hated by this country's people.

Tomorrow will be an eventful day...

(If you read this post looking for a point, and anything more than my inane ranting about Dirtbag Bush, you've come to the wrong place. [Wink] )

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 11:19      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you feel so strongly about it then why not take the day off to go protest? [thumbsup]
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 11:20      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:
If you feel so strongly about it then why not take the day off to go protest? [thumbsup]

I'd like to, but it isn't an option.
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 12:27      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I very much like your idea of some protest that shows your contempt for him in a non violent way. In a sense riot police and breaking glass only reinforces these people's self belief. I think it would be much more effective if he could be met by a mass moon. Imagine being greeted by thousands of hairy Canadian arses mooning in unison. It would make for good news pictures too. This kind of stunt worked well for the Maoris, and if more than a few of the crowd could accompany this gesture with a little tootle on the rectal trumpet at the same time, that would not hurt, but as farting is an involuntary act this might be asking too much.

Still a man can dream.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 13:21      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that a non-violent protest would show how Canadians make themselves heard while staying civilised. That our beliefs are well thought out, and not only emotional.

As if this could happen. [Mad] I'm pretty sure some professionnal trouble makers will have their ways and ruin everyone else's efforts. [devil wand]

Yet I would love to ask Mr. Bush Jr. how he concile trying not to rule the corporations while trying to rule people's morality. That spells H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y in my book. Or should it be S-O-L-D--T-O--H-I-G-H-E-S-T--B-I-D-D-E-R? [Wink]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 13:23      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not even turkeys are safe Link

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 22:51      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This would be an awesome idea This. Canucks lining the streets, silently facing away from the motorcades

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 01:23      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop being a pussy, Newf, and just kill the bastard! [Razz]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 01:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to say, for the record, that I don't know Spungo, never met him, never heard of him, never read any of his posts (including the one above) and have never even contributed to this thread.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 02:47      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would whole-heartedly concur with Druid... I haven't visited this thread - I don't know who any of you are - I've never been to GeekCulture.com - I love George Bush! God bless America. Goo goo goo joob.
Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 04:15      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there an article describing how Canada can arrest bush?

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 06:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some Canadian lawyers that have petitioned the law enforcement agencies and immigration minister to disallow him entry, or arrest him upon entry for his war crimes.

Unfortunately, no one has the balls to do that like they should.

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 06:42      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need to worry about Wattle. They won't even let him talk to his laywer. It's very injust living conditions. So he peck a Secret Service agent on the hand. Big whoop. He was probably frightened from all the people around.

Just look at what he has to put up with now.
 -

Here is the full story I think we should try to do something to stop these people from this horrible crime.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 15:00      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can cross your fingers and hope he forgets his passport...then the ever-vigilant US Border Patrol agents won't let him back across the border. (I know from experience that this could happen: I almost got stuck in Canada after a day trip, because I only brought with me my valid Washington State Driver's License and Social Security Card, and not my birth certificate or passport. [Roll Eyes] )

O'course, then you'd have to put up with Dubya, and I wouldn't wish that on such a nice country.

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 18:05      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
There are some Canadian lawyers that have petitioned the law enforcement agencies and immigration minister to disallow him entry, or arrest him upon entry for his war crimes.

Unfortunately, no one has the balls to do that like they should.

Believe me, the world is better off with Bush running free right now. If he gets arrested and shipped off to the Hague, we'll be left with Cheney (the puppetmaster) in charge. And that's just too scary to contemplate...

Now, after Bush leaves office, the world is welcome to him.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 18:13      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem* Without implying any personal threat or malicious intent on my part, perhaps someone in Canada will finish the job that the Columbians didn't.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Groggle
Mini Geek
Member # 2360

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 30, 2004 18:29      Profile for Groggle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GWB underscores a rather interesting difference that I have seen many times between Canada and our American neighbors.

It's actually a cultural difference, and it speaks loudly (IMO) to why Canadians seem to react so negatively towards Mr. Bush.

Take a look around the overall cultural landscape of the United States - it is highly competitive, almost to a Darwinian extreme. It runs throughout the social fabric, beginning in the earliest years of one's life and never really dies out. Look at the intense fervor with which school sporting events are pursued and followed (High School football is huge in the US, with the games often taking place in stadiums that even the CFL could only dream of filling. Look around, there's states like Texas, where the 'brag du jour' is always "everything's bigger in Texas".

By comparison, Canada is a lot less competitive within its society. (I'm not saying we don't compete - we do) High School and College sports are (relatively speaking) footnotes in the newspapers - certainly not heavily promoted and followed. Canadians seem to take a bit of pride in the spirit of cooperation. In the US, railways were built by a plethora of little railways springing up everywhere - in Canada, our government made a railway that linked the entire country a priority, and built one where the entrepreneurs wouldn't.

Then look at GWB on the world stage, and one sees the swaggering Texan with six-shooters on his hips. "Y'alls either with us or agin us" is the stance he takes. The assumption being, of course, that you are going to either take him down, or comply.

At work, I see this all the time. I deal with customers from around the world, and negotiating with the American customer always seems to become a competition of some sort. (Usually a 'my cajones are bigger than _your_ cajones' type of competition - very macho, very swaggering)

This is neither good nor bad, IMO - merely an observation of some note that gives me pause for thought when examining the actions of the current US administration on the world stage.

Posts: 77 | From: Calgary | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture