homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Parental Panic !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parental Panic !
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 18:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eldest daughter turns 6 in a few days, and she was explaining this to her younger sister .....

"I'm going to be 6 on Tuesday.
And after 6 I'll be 7
And after 7 I'll be 8
And after 8 I'll be 9
And after 9 I'll be 10
And after 10 I'll be 11
And after 11 I'll be 12
And after 12 I'll be 13
And after 13 I'll be 14
And after 14 I'll be 15
And after 15 I'll be 16

And when I'm 16, I can have a baby !"

[Eek!]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 18:55      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I at leaste waited till 17

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 18:57      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PANIC,

Panic now!

Call for counsellors, call for social workers, call for Qualudes,

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 19:02      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
PANIC,

Panic now!

Call for counsellors, call for social workers, call for Qualudes,

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Not to mention call for a chastity belt

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 19:02      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, am I glad I got boys.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 19:06      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, she's up on her Australian tax law then

/in joke

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2004 19:08      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why?

You'll just get the enraged fathers banging on your door!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [evil]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 11:42      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh that is too rich. I love that quote. Best kid quote I have heard in a while.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 12:50      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you googled for chastity belts yet. [Big Grin]
Priceless.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 13:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aditu:
Have you googled for chastity belts yet. [Big Grin]
Priceless.

I hadn't until just now.
Um, most of what I found doesn't look like it's meant to promote 'chastity' ... if you know what I mean.
Disturbing, deeply disturbing.

I think I'll just have to rely on this google search instead.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aves Corax
Mini Geek
Member # 2533

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 13:50      Profile for Aves Corax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always send her off to a convent. "Get thee to a nunnery!"

--------------------
"Be ye not lost among precepts of order."
The Principia Discordia

Posts: 65 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 14:40      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is reminding me of a conversation I had with my brother about my youngest sister. The long and short of it is he thinks she should be dressing like an Amish woman. The amusing part is, my sister's taste in clothes is pretty modest compared to what a lot of girls her age are running around in. Even more amusing, he's also on me to be more girly (but he's younger than me by about four years so it's my perogative to ignore him [evil] ). Go figure.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 15:04      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I wrote a letter to someone asking them to marry me when I was four years old. But in the letter I put "no kissies please." I don't think I ever sent it off.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 15:12      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
Well I wrote a letter to someone asking them to marry me when I was four years old.

I married two people in two consecutive playgroups aged 4. As far as I know, neither of these marriages were annulled, but I haven't seen one of my wives in 8 years so I don't think they still count [Smile]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2004 23:33      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:
Well I wrote a letter to someone asking them to marry me when I was four years old.

I married two people in two consecutive playgroups aged 4. As far as I know, neither of these marriages were annulled, but I haven't seen one of my wives in 8 years so I don't think they still count [Smile]
Pedophile

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 03:39      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:

Pedophile
Wonder if it will count against me on my Criminal Records Bureau check... [Razz]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2004 20:59      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I think I'll just have to rely on this google search instead.

I'd take a look on this page and scroll down to his recommendations under "1." And bear in mind, if you do have to arrange a, shall we say, marriage ceremony on short notice, make sure to paint it white to coordinate with the bridal gown. [Big Grin]

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture