homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Back for the nth time...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back for the nth time...
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 09, 2004 16:01      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So here I am again. It's not so muchthat I try to get away, as that I just don't actively show up so much.

The Oz's life Story So Far:
-Born
-Public Education
-College

Here I am, a particularly slacking frosh (and I know I need to stop, I won't allow myself to fail). I take on too many projects (to the point where I've put a moratorium on starting any more until I finish the ones I'm on, such as movies, webcomic, case modding, etc...).

I have a steady girlfriend. She is a geek girl. She is great.

I just got an upgrade to an Athlon64 (yes, I know the mac folks won't appreciate this). My system is named Talyn. I am working on modding it. If I ever finish, it will be cool.

Had a fine chat on IRC with MacManKK. Good times. I'll probably frequent there more.

Anyway, now to study C++ in an attempt to save my ass...

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2004 18:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like life is going really well. I hope to see you around here more, but finals season is coming up. Don't slack at school!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2004 20:28      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well at leaste it isn't a P#. Now are you running Win or Linux that is the question.
Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted November 09, 2004 20:32      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Windoze...I'm not hardcore enough to run Linux yet. [blush]
I have Mandrake installed on my laptop, which I've been tinkering with, though.

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2004 06:23      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by: Oz, the Wizard of
quote:
I just got an upgrade to an Athlon64 (yes, I know the mac folks won't appreciate this).
I'm a Mac person and I would love to build a AMD 64 system.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture